• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Gas Can Cap

Spats

100cc
I have been meaning to get all my extra smoke and gas cans in order for a while. One thing I need to find is solid caps for them. Does anyone know where I can get solid caps and get rid of the stupid spouts? Thanks
20141028_164113.jpg

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Hey spats, I don't have an answer for a solid cap for that.      I looked last Winter and could not find anything.      Few of us here built tanks last year using these:

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS+Performance+Products/555/80261/10002/-1

Just rinse well with some alcohol or laquer thinner and let dry.     They are not recommended for gas because of EPA stadards but they work just like the VP racing jugs.

After 90 gallons burned this year and lots of traveling and sitting in the sun my cap got a crack in it so I ordered one of these and it's a perfect replacement:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=vp%20racing%20cap

Jugs are thick enough to drill and mount almost any type of fueling device and easy to mount a pump on them.     I used the DuBro DUB807 with my existing electric pump.

tylerzx9r

100cc
The jug that Terry referred to is awesome, and if you want to get technical about them, looking at the bottom of the jug and finding the material marking, told me (as I compared it to my "VP Race" fuel jug) that they are both composed of the same material. Gas wouldn't harm them at all! The cap however that came with Terry's jug was different material, possibly why it cracked? I replaced my own with a cap from a race jug and have not had an issue. The other advantage is the large spout, this allows you to get your fingers inside if you want to plumb it for feed/return line for your pump. It is also available in different sizes too, 2.5, 5.0, gal or larger. I prefer the 2.5 gal now as I used to haul around a 5 gal jug. I find it much easier to handle and just mix as needed, keeping a 5 gal in the trailer with straight gas. The problem I found trying to find a cap for the other jugs was.... ( someone told me they have to always be a vented cap now for explosion hazards) Seems the last time I had knowledge, it was the fumes that were a problem, not the fluid itself, but hey I'm no genius. just a guy who tries to use common sense when doing things.

Spats

100cc
Thanks Terry

I got my field tanks all set up but I have 4 extra cans I just want to put a solid cap on. I hate the new EPA cap crap and spout. It actually more dangerous if you ask me.

I am going to carry the cap around with me and keep an eye out for a substitute.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Spats said
Thanks Terry

I got my field tanks all set up but I have 4 extra cans I just want to put a solid cap on. I hate the new EPA cap crap and spout. It actually more dangerous if you ask me.

I am going to carry the cap around with me and keep an eye out for a substitute.
Got that right!!    

Wonder if this would work.      I remember seeing these before I decided to go the race can route:   http://www.amazon.com/Gas-Can-Cap-Replacement-Coarse/dp/B00NB3UUDK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414685444&sr=8-1&keywords=solid+blitz+cap

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
There are several options for you.

• First off that Jegs can is very cool and I went to buy one the last time I was in Ohio.  It is huge though
  • Ebay has lots of replacement caps that are flat tops see here
  • I am currently using one of these from Home Depot  
  • Be advised that since the Blitz can lawsuit all caps are not created equal with mismatching threads. 

Spats

100cc
Ohio.AV8TOR said
There are several options for you.

• First off that Jegs can is very cool and I went to buy one the last time I was in Ohio.  It is huge though

• Ebay has lots of replacement caps that are flat tops see here

• Be advised that since the Blitz can lawsuit all caps are not created equal with mismatching threads. 
Those are what I am looking for! Thanks!!!!
brian-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif