• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Futaba 18SZ

Judge

70cc twin V2
I used to have a signature that read:

"I get free T-Shirts so I must be lying"

Now, if I was lying is that the truth or not? :confused:

Judge

70cc twin V2
Bill Baxter just posted this on RCU:

Here are the stock numbers and MSRP:

FUTK9510 18SZA 2.4G R7008SB AIR TELMTRY US$1399.99
FUTK9511 18SZH 2.4G R7008SB HELI TELMTR US$1399.99

Currently, the projected availability is late September/early October of this year.

Did Frank mentions that?? I have not seen anything on that point. I sure hope it is true!!! That would just make me want one even more.

And for the record, I pay for my stuff. I get a discount, but trust me, it still leaves a hole in the bank account. I mention that because on another forum some guy cast asparagus in my direction saying I got stuff for free which meant that anything I posted was suspect. My posts may be suspect, but not because I am a souless shill:msn_slap:

There is a common misconception that team members get free radios and servos. Maybe for a very small select few team pilots still have to pay for their equipment. But there is also a lot of work involved in that discount also when it comes to field support and even spending time on the phone with customers helping them with their setup questions. I have always admired how you seem to try your best to help people with their Futaba questions.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Bill Baxter just posted this on RCU:

Here are the stock numbers and MSRP:

FUTK9510 18SZA 2.4G R7008SB AIR TELMTRY US$1399.99
FUTK9511 18SZH 2.4G R7008SB HELI TELMTR US$1399.99

Currently, the projected availability is late September/early October of this year.

Ok that's MSRP. Maybe a 999ish 1199ish street price. Hope so.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
MSRP literally means Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price. That's what the manufacturer suggests the price be when sold at the retailer so as to standardize the pricing of the product throughout the country it is sold in. That way shops aren't competing to have better pricing, certain manufacturers may enforce the MSRP strictly, others may give some bit of free play when the product is priced.

The MSRP is usually based upon what people are willing to pay for the product.

There is also the COST pricing which is what the manufacturer has to sell the product at in order to keep profit margins high enough to cover their costs of operations. COST is generally less than MSRP. Usually figures like what it actually costs to manufacture a product are kept closely guarded secrets with the higher ups.

There is a common misconception that team members get free radios and servos. Maybe for a very small select few team pilots still have to pay for their equipment. But there is also a lot of work involved in that discount also when it comes to field support and even spending time on the phone with customers helping them with their setup questions. I have always admired how you seem to try your best to help people with their Futaba questions.

Precisely. Free stuff is nice but it's very rare that people actually get free stuff. The only free items team members may get on a 'regular' basis are items to test and try out so that a manufacturer can get feedback.