• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Fried ESC and BEC

Yep, that is exactly what I think I did. I wasnt paying attention and reversed the polarity covers on my power pole housings then I must have hooked the battery up in reverse polarity. Man I hate those stupid mistakes, so frustrating.

Using the same color shrink wrap is a good idea. I live out in the country and the only place that sells it close is radio shack and all I can get there is an assortment pack of black. The "local" hobby shop (45 min one way) isn't much better on selection so I just used what I had. I will have to pick some up the next time I am in Indianapolis or order some.

I have one of the new CC 50A "Edge" controllers and a new CC BEC on the way from Tower. Hopefully I can skate by without tearing those up. The Edge looks like a rebadged ICE with an extra output wire that I will probably never use, hopefully it works as well as my ICE did. I flew that one pretty hard last season and was swapping it into a new airframe to cause this brainless incident.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
LOL............we've all been there; done that. Loose your focus or get distracted for a moment can contribute to something that will bite you in the butt.

I completely destroyed a nice 30CC Yak 55 by not completely tightening the wing bolts. Wings came off in flight....couldn't do much but watch the lawn dart.

DCP_1090.jpg

Nice.......LOL!:crying:

Joe's Dad

70cc twin V2
Yep, that is exactly what I think I did. I wasnt paying attention and reversed the polarity covers on my power pole housings then I must have hooked the battery up in reverse polarity. Man I hate those stupid mistakes, so frustrating.

Using the same color shrink wrap is a good idea. I live out in the country and the only place that sells it close is radio shack and all I can get there is an assortment pack of black. The "local" hobby shop (45 min one way) isn't much better on selection so I just used what I had. I will have to pick some up the next time I am in Indianapolis or order some.

I have one of the new CC 50A "Edge" controllers and a new CC BEC on the way from Tower. Hopefully I can skate by without tearing those up. The Edge looks like a rebadged ICE with an extra output wire that I will probably never use, hopefully it works as well as my ICE did. I flew that one pretty hard last season and was swapping it into a new airframe to cause this brainless incident.

When you get new ones, pull the red wire on the ESC. You don't want both hooked to your receiver.