• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Free Style Association?

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Lately, we have received a number of requests and comments about the formation of an actual Free Style Association to organize free style competitions around the country, and I thought this would be a good place to get feed back on this idea.

Right now, there are only a few premier free style events, such as XFC.

Of course, many IMAC events have a free style competition within them, but the main focus there is IMAC, with free style as a secondary show...

Any thought?

garlandk

100cc
Herve I think that is a great idea. I love IMAC for sure, but it is def fun every now and then to do freestyle type flying. If you need any help let me know.

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Flying Skunks;816 wrote: Be safe during the hurricanes that are coming your way ..

Thanks.

They both look pretty mild.

A free style association may get some traction: I have heard many comments that the cost of competing in IMAC is a big factor in the dwindling (or at least not increasing) number of competitors. Free style is predominantly done with ARFs, and 100cc size seems to be the weapon of choice: much more affordable than a 40% custom built airframe.

This may attract a new group of competitors?