• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Flying Withdraws Winter Sucks

On the runway, it left over cotton where, they had cotton modulars on it, and out in the field it was ice, that is the local airport at Gideon Mo it is an old aux base for te Malden no air base, we fly off the old runway that isn't used anymore, and we get to use the main runway that they just repaved also, airport has very little traffic, wind just happened to be blowing right down the old runway so we used it Sunday

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Not to one up (not normally in my nature :)) but me and my boy got in 10 hours at a club flyin today. uploadfromtaptalk1393126695818.jpg

The picture is of Bill Mitchell's scratch built 52% edge with a 3w 275cc motor. My boy next to it makes you realize he could easily sit inside of it with th canopy on lol.

3DMad5

50cc
Thankfully we haven't had prolonged terrible weather here in Ireland! My only problem is that my only flyable plane is a glider and I'm getting the 3D craving something awful...

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
From yesterday to today we dropped 61 degrees. I also heard a new weather term I never heard off before. We were getting Thundersleet. Apparently you can get a thunderstorm when it is freezing rain out.

Buick Mackane

70cc twin V2
ILZ003>005-008-010>012-019>021-032-039-171815-
/O.COR.KLOT.WS.W.0005.140217T1200Z-140218T0000Z/
WINNEBAGO-BOONE-MCHENRY-OGLE-LEE-DE KALB-KANE-LA SALLE-KENDALL-
GRUNDY-LIVINGSTON-FORD-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ROCKFORD...BELVIDERE...WOODSTOCK...
OREGON...DIXON...DEKALB...AURORA...OTTAWA...OSWEGO...MORRIS...
PONTIAC...PAXTON
353 AM CST MON FEB 17 2014

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST THIS
EVENING...

* TIMING...SNOW WILL DEVELOP THIS MORNING AND TAPER OFF BY EARLY
THIS EVENING.

* ACCUMULATION...4 TO 8 INCHES WITH ISOLATED AMOUNTS NEAR 10
INCHES.

* PRIMARY IMPACT...SNOW WILL OCCASIONALLY FALL VERY HEAVILY...WITH
SNOWFALL RATES IN SOME AREAS POSSIBLY REACHING A CRIPPLING TWO
TO THREE INCHES PER HOUR FOR A TIME...ESPECIALLY EARLY THIS
AFTERNOON. THIS WILL CAUSE ROADS TO BE SNOW COVERED AND TRAVEL
EXTREMELY DIFFICULT WITH VISIBILITY REDUCED TO ZERO AT TIMES.
UNNECESSARY TRAVEL SHOULD BE AVOIDED THIS AFTERNOON.

:facepalm:

You've truly earned the name "SnowDog" this year…Sub-zeroDog, IceDog, BlizzardDog, GaleDog...

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
It pretty bad when you actually think about picking up snow shoes. Just because you are tired of post holing through knee deep snow to get to the flight line.

The forecast says 44 degrees on Saturday. I have to work in the afternoon though. Actually flying to Hoth and back that day. Maybe I will be able to get out at least the 550 heli I built months ago.