• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Favorite connectors

BalsaDust

so what's everyone's favorite connector for your foamies and smaller electrics. I used to use nothing but deans connectors but last year a buddy turned me on to EC3 connectors like horizon uses on their stuff. I love em. To me they are easier to connect and disconnect and when it comes to soldering it couldn't be easier. Solder on two 3.5mm bullet connects and while still warm snap them into the connector. No heat shrink to put on they are ready to go.
I like the micro JST connectors for anything using a 800mah or smaller lipo.

So what's everyone's opinions?

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I have used a lot of Deans but have switched to all EC3 and EC5. They are so easy to solder, connect and no exposed connectors with parallel charging that could touch after the first battery is plugged in.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I use Deans Micro on smaller foamies. And Deans Ultra on everything else.

I'm sure there are others that work quite well. But being a creature of habit, and add to that my large fleet of planes, batteries and charge leads....I doubt I'll ever switch to anything else.

ryan_m

100cc
xt60 on smaller stuff and EC5 on larger stuff for me.
I find the EC3's to be too hard to plug/unplug sometimes.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Anything bigger than 2s I use deans ultra connectors, but on my foamies I mostly use JST connectors. I'm sure there is better stuff out there but these work for me!

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
I prefer to make ec3 as they are easier to solder but I started using deans and everything I have has deans so I'm stuck with deans unless I get a wildhare to redo a bunch of planes and charger leads. Only downside to ec3 is they are hard to disconnect in tight places.

hbollier

70cc twin V2
I prefer to make ec3 as they are easier to solder but I started using deans and everything I have has deans so I'm stuck with deans unless I get a wildhare to redo a bunch of planes and charger leads. Only downside to ec3 is they are hard to disconnect in tight places.
I have seen a pilot with the ec3 use snap ring pliers to in plug his. He drills 2 small holes for the tips. Easy as pie.

I am switching all mine from deans to powerpoles, though.