• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Fabricating Flexible Headers

Update: I have ordered 2 feet of 1" stainless steel flexible exhaust tubing from B&B Specialties. I plan to cut off the stock exhaust stacks as suggested by Rooman and attach the tubing. I will post some pics when done. Thanks for all the suggestions.

The 1" ID flexible exhaust tubing is too large. The OD of my exhaust stacks is 7/8". I was hoping I could adapt the 1" ID tubing but that doesn't look likely. I never expected this to be the issue it has become. Unless I can find a solution soon I will have to reluctantly cut holes in the cowl for the 2 exhaust stacks.

Wondering if this might work?

Red Silicone Hose, 7/8" I.D. 45 degree, 6" Legs

This hose is built for endurance and performance in custom coolant plumbing applications. Silicone rubber with 3-ply reinforcement makes this hose tough, reliable, and flexible to temperatures from -50°C to +200°C.