• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight RC 91" Yak 54

dribar

70cc twin V2
Ordered my russian thunder on Friday.... Oh yeah, my wife is Russian.... so I guess I have thunder on all sides :)

dribar

70cc twin V2
Airplane is in the house :) IMG_3731.jpg

Question now is about servos so I'm looking for some thoughts. EF is recommending 300+ oz servos on all surfaces. My first choice is the Hitec HS-7950TH. It's a great servo at ~$150 ea. Now here's the question to be answered: Why not the Savox SV1270TG at ~$99 ea?

Speed at 7.4 v
Hitec: 0.13
Savox: 0.11

Torque at 7.4 v
Hitec: 486 oz
Savox: 487.7 oz

Weight
Hitec: 68 grams
Savox: 56 grams

Both
dual ball bearing
titanium & aluminum gears
size is the same

I've never had a problem with a hitec or savox, but have only bought a few savox servos. $50 less a servo is substantial for a guy like me. What do you all think?

gyro

GSN Contributor
Airplane is in the house :) View attachment 17604

Question now is about servos so I'm looking for some thoughts. EF is recommending 300+ oz servos on all surfaces. My first choice is the Hitec HS-7950TH. It's a great servo at ~$150 ea. Now here's the question to be answered: Why not the Savox SV1270TG at ~$99 ea?

Speed at 7.4 v
Hitec: 0.13
Savox: 0.11

Torque at 7.4 v
Hitec: 486 oz
Savox: 487.7 oz

Weight
Hitec: 68 grams
Savox: 56 grams

Both
dual ball bearing
titanium & aluminum gears
size is the same

I've never had a problem with a hitec or savox, but have only bought a few savox servos. $50 less a servo is substantial for a guy like me. What do you all think?

Plane looks awesome!

Both are great servos! We have the SV-1270TG and have had the HS-7950TH. IMHO, the Hitecs jitter a tiny bit. You can also save a little weight with the Savox.
Here is a look at the Savox for our upcoming review: http://youtu.be/CEbykrkavg0

Have you looked at the new Hitec brushless servos? Here is a peak at the new HSB-9370TH: http://youtu.be/pIvYA0f68Fo

Would you consider starting a build log for us to follow?

Gary