• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

It completely fits in my 3DHS 74" Edge as well. The small plug version will fit in a large majority of the 30cc airplanes out there. What a great motor. I picked up a DA-35 while at Nall, just waiting on EF to get some of those new 74" airplanes in for it.

I left Wednesday afternoon when they evacuated us from our campsite. I had been there since Friday. Since we were all packed up, we just cut and run rather than sticking around just for one day, with basically no chance to fly on the 3D line with all the insanity from the sponsored kids.

The DA will be lighter. I have to call DA this week to get a muffler and I have not picked a airframe for it yet. Did you get any answers from Chris on availability of the 74" planes?

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
I understand. I came in Thursday night....

The electric Edge has a tiny bit of tweaking to do so as to get the CG just right. The gas versions are ready to go. Later this summer may be possible.... at least that is my understanding.

Aeroplayin

70cc twin V2
DA50 is going to be a good power choice. My buddy Frank has the BME58 Xtreme, which is a little lighter than the DA50, on the 78 gas version. He cut and added a ply motor box support and is spinning a 23x9 CF Falcon. No comparison to anything I've seen yet as far as power on the 78, so a DA50 on an ES CF pipe should be very cool.

I like DA better because of their mid-range grunt and there must be a ton of good used ones out there when everyone went to the DA60 for 3D power and the ability to swing a decent 24 inch prop on stock. I've seen the DLE60 twin swing a Mejzlik 22x10 on a 20 pound plane to some stunning power so it would be one of the first props I'd try on the DA50 on the MXS. I'd bet it could spin it a little higher than the DLE twin on stock, and definitely with an ES CF pipe.