• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

Buick Mackane

70cc twin V2
God. I absolutely love my 48" MXS!!! I love the attention to detail, the build quality (specifically the generous use of carbon fiber I.e. the cf longerons) and most of all: the way it flies. It's so crisp, precise, and capable. The inertia it carries into maneuvers and it's ability to do gyroscopic tumbles just blows my mind. It's my go to plane and I can throw it around, smash the 85 degrees of elevator throw it has, and then rocket out. I love extreme flight planes. I wouldn't be hesitant to buy another one; in fact, I think I might invest in a 60" next!

hey 3dcarter, i've got a 60" EF extra and love it! it's flight characteristics are different than an MXS, but the larger wingspan feels good. the wind doesn't bounce you as much and the larger size looks sweet in the air. all the same quality and maybe even a bit better. Extreme Flight airframes are rock stars

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Just flip a coin and get the power combo from EF. You can't get a loser. I'd put a preference on the Laser. Do it!

I agree, the planes are all awesome. Still miss my 60" Edge, and was really enjoying the Laser when she died prematurely... :(

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Got my 60" laser up and running after a much long wait.

I have to say it flys plenty straight and all.

I did notice I needed down trim to get it to fly neutral. 6s3300 right against the wing tube, it has observable down elevator trim and in flight a slight pull to the canopy on inverted flight.

This thing is big. I am running the Motrolfly DM4315-480 motor and with Xoar 16x8 prop it is noticeably more sluggish then the 60" extra, pulling around 75amps peak on this power combo. Its a nice ride, but so far the extra is my favourite out of the EF 60" size planes. I've had them all now and the extra still comes out as my favourite.

Buick Mackane

70cc twin V2
Got my 60" laser up and running after a much long wait.

I have to say it flys plenty straight and all.

I did notice I needed down trim to get it to fly neutral. 6s3300 right against the wing tube, it has observable down elevator trim and in flight a slight pull to the canopy on inverted flight.

This thing is big. I am running the Motrolfly DM4315-480 motor and with Xoar 16x8 prop it is noticeably more sluggish then the 60" extra, pulling around 75amps peak on this power combo. Its a nice ride, but so far the extra is my favourite out of the EF 60" size planes. I've had them all now and the extra still comes out as my favourite.

hey Bigroger, i have the 60" EF extra and am considering another 60" airframe. Doc austin likes the edge the best. it seems there a lot of votes for the laser. what would be your recommendation after the extra?

gyro

GSN Contributor
hey Bigroger, i have the 60" EF extra and am considering another 60" airframe. Doc austin likes the edge the best. it seems there a lot of votes for the laser. what would be your recommendation after the extra?

To help bigrog answer your question, (and others too if you like... for example I've owned them all too) can you please tell us your flying style, and what you do/don't like about the Extra?