• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

Doc Austin

70cc twin V2
I would love to see you fly a 74"! It lets me know exactly what the plane I'm flying can really do with someone who knows what they are doing!

Thanks so much for the kind words. I don't always know what I am doing though! That's why I have back up planes!

But, yeah, I would love to fly one. I'm sure it's just a bigger, better, smoother and more solid version of the 48 and 60, which are dam good air[lanes in their own right.

I thought there was a new orange scheme to go with the RWB scheme on 48 and 60.

You might be right. I kind of faded out for a few months and I missed a lot of things. I'de love to have an orange 48.

Feral

I'm sure if you wrote to Desert Aircraft Australia they would b e happy to pull the lid off and snap a picture for you.

If it's the same scheme as the 48 and 60, it will be a beautiful plane. I have always just loved this plane. Personally a 74" plane is too big for me, but if it does indeed come in this scheme I will have to give it very serious consideration.
I spoke with Mark at DA Aus he said he couldnt remember off hand if it was the same.
I had the 88 edge in the RWB and it looked amazing in the air I ended up selling it when the heli stuff got serious.
For me 74" is right on the money my old 70" was probably the best flying plane ive flown to date.

My Aeroworks frestyle Extra is pretty good but it dont fly like a EF

I'm sure if you wrote to Desert Aircraft Australia they would b e happy to pull the lid off and snap a picture for you.

If it's the same scheme as the 48 and 60, it will be a beautiful plane. I have always just loved this plane. Personally a 74" plane is too big for me, but if it does indeed come in this scheme I will have to give it very serious consideration.

skibum44

70cc twin V2
Edge is availible in the overseas market as I understand while the laser got introduced to the US market first. I see the 74" edge being a popular airframe.

There have been several references to a dock workers strike in Washington with ships held out at bay. This may be the reason for the delay in parts and airframes across multiple vendors here in the United States. I can't wait to get my hands on that 74" edge!

Last edited by a moderator:
Extreme Flight gets containers through Savannah, GA and just stocked the new warehouse with a new container. Got my in-stock email for the 88" Edge yesterday.