• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
From the pictures I've seen, I agree.

Me three! I love the colors on the Laser and they appear to be the same on the MXS. Sounds like a Fleet Scheme brewing!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
They are same as the Laser. They ARE still gun shy about black.

How's your 64" black holding up? I didn't notice any bad spots.
We're wondering how the big MXS would go with the EFI equipped Evo 62. They are saying it will turn a 24x10! At 6500 rpm +\- pretty impressive.

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
My black has not been perfect. The top layer tends to separate, leaving the exposed color behind. I have ironed it back on several times in the trouble spots. Ultracote had one bad run where their "iron" that compresses the two layers was not hot enough They of course have remedied the issue for subsequent runs.

My guess is that there is a concern that the left over from the bad run will someday find its way onto the shelves again, and EF does not want to be the sucker.

My new 90" aerobeez black on the wing peeled half off on the first flight on Sunday. That came in a container just a few months ago. Might be a while for that issue to resolve itself in the industry.

ryan_m

100cc
My black has not been perfect. The top layer tends to separate, leaving the exposed color behind. I have ironed it back on several times in the trouble spots. Ultracote had one bad run where their "iron" that compresses the two layers was not hot enough They of course have remedied the issue for subsequent runs.

My guess is that there is a concern that the left over from the bad run will someday find its way onto the shelves again, and EF does not want to be the sucker.

The problem has persisted for well over a year now, do you think all of those came from one single bad run? And do we know for absolute certain that it's fixed? From what I've seen over the last 9 years or so black Ultrakote seems to go through this about every 3 years. I used to do a fair bit of kit building, and several rolls I have bought had this problem with the clear layer peeling off. Then it was better again, and then it happened again, and so on. It seems to me that there is something different about black specifically that makes it prone to this problem. This round of the peeling black layer seems to be the worst by far with both the length of time it has been going on, and how widespread it seems to be.