• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

AKfreak

150cc
The HS-225MG's looked good for price and speed (torque a little low) until I saw this. Man they guys hate-em. I didn't know there was such a limited choice for servos for this plane. No biggie, I'll just bight the bullet and pay through the nose for servos. On a side note, you know I love these digis made by Solar (fast and center every time). For my smaller planes I am not worried so much, but for the MXS and my Extra build I just cant seem to bring myself to use them. I don't know why a I feel so much better having the Hitech name on the servos of the planes I care a lot about.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
The HS-225MG's looked good for price and speed (torque a little low) until I saw this. Man they guys hate-em. I didn't know there was such a limited choice for servos for this plane. No biggie, I'll just bight the bullet and pay through the nose for servos. On a side note, you know I love these digis made by Solar (fast and center every time). For my smaller planes I am not worried so much, but for the MXS and my Extra build I just cant seem to bring myself to use them. I don't know why a I feel so much better having the Hitech name on the servos of the planes I care a lot about.

You feel better because they ARE better :p

The solar 658s were a disaster! Slow and poor centering. The spektrum 5040s were so so. 5060s were bad. Scary jitter. Like I said, 7245s are the only decent choice I have found for the money. Redwing had a sale on them a few weeks ago.

Ahblair4

70cc twin V2
Well I am a EF owner now. I had a Green 64" MSX fall in to my lap today. Extra Fuse, rudder, ele, CF landing gear, plus an Aeroworks CF tail wheel for $175. I could not pass it up. Now I need Servos, a Motor, and esc, I have an RX. Let the home work begin. Whats a Motorfly motor that stomps on the Torque - 4016T/500 VII that's the proper wight for my plane?

Where'd you get that? Was it hanging in NT?

Aeroplayin

70cc twin V2
64 MXS with the 4315-480 with the 16x8 PJN and a Talon 90. Most of you have seen this already but this was Tom's first and second flight on the MXS and Frankjp always has nerves of steel to let Tom fly his planes. If you can wait for the second flight, he really thrashes it. I was happy when it was over so I could put my checkbook away.

[video=youtube;f52bqOClH9Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f52bqOClH9Y[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

AKfreak

150cc
64 MXS with the 4315-480 with the 16x8 PJN and a Talon 90. Most of you have seen this already but this was Tom's first and second flight on the MXS and Frankjp always has nerves of steel to let Tom fly his planes. If you can wait for the second flight, he really thrashes it. I was happy when it was over so I could put my checkbook away.

[video=youtube;f52bqOClH9Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f52bqOClH9Y[/video]
What battery did you run in that plane during that flight?

Aeroplayin

70cc twin V2
Those two flights just happened to be with a 6S 40C 3300 Sky Lipo. Frank also has Glaciers and they seem to be just as good. Tom likes Sky's and we used to buy them exclusively, but it's tough to find them in stock all the time. He has some 5S 40C 5200 Revolectrix on his 78 Extra too, and all of these brands are batteries I would buy again. They are light, and come down cool, and as you can see, they are flown hard in Florida. The 30C don't seem to hold up as well.

Last edited by a moderator: