• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 76/83" MXS

AKfreak

150cc
It's really not that big of a deal, takes 5 minutes to drill and install. Sounds kinda whiny to me. Yes my wheels were a little tight too, just ream them out. For the wobble that yours has, it's most likely from not drilling them out straight. Those hubs are injection molded and should be somewhat straight.

Actually the wobbly wheel is becuause the foam attached to the hub was not done correctly. It isn't because of off set drilling.

As to the whining that's an opinion and I respect yours. I hope you respect mine when I say, when somones pays premium dollars for a premium product, that's exactly what they should receive.

Especially when some people buy entry level products and recive premium atention to detail. Examples being hardware that fits, hardware properly labled. Holes drilled, and blind nuts installed, cowls drilled ready to mount.

So if I am spoiled and whiney so be it. I just expect premium products when I pay dearly for them. When people buy from Apple they expect top of the line from the packaging to customer service. If you bought an iPad and it came with some cheap accessorys that didn't fit, or fit loosely that were not up to snuff, would you be upset? Or would you be a little miffed like me?

vegasking

70cc twin V2
Yes wish we lived in a perfect world, but we don't. As far as a high end product, I think for the money spent your getting a hell of a deal, go try to build one yourself and see. As far as making a video of it I think it's pretty petty. These ARF companies are just small businesses and there is not a lot of markup on these planes, And they are not Apple or Wal-Mart and do not have the resources to be in China watching every step in the manufacture of their planes.

hone

150cc
Also, if you've followed the iPhone 6 release they had a bunch of bugs and already had to issue an update to solve the problems. So even big companies like Apple have issues.

Brand new products usually are not perfect no matter who you're talking about

Last edited by a moderator:
Your point on the wheels is valid and I will buy Du-Bro if they wobble or are soft. I think the wheel pant design is fine for a plane this size.

I have built about 6 EF ARF's and sometimes I do think the QC is lacking at the price point. But they do fly amazing and they hold up well, so I no longer worry about it.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Interesting discussion, and while I can see the perspective of both sides, I do feel like Extreme Flight has established a reputation as a "premium" ARF vendor, with customer service to match.

I can definitely appreciate one having disappointment when details are missed, etc.

Personally, I don't think profit margins matter in this discussion. If they weren't viable/profitable, they wouldn't be in business.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I can see both sides as well but ultimately agree that better choices could be made on the hardware. I don't know if EF is locked into any particular combination of hardware sourcing or what... if they are they must feel the overall value of the product is worth it to the customer to pay their listed price.

Now that some hardware issues have been identified the question is, will it affect your purchasing decision? For those who are considering this model... would you buy it at the current retail price knowing you may have to replace wheels and some other minor things? Determinants of that decision include what other options exist that are comparable that don't have the same issues at a similar price point.

Does the design quality transcend the deficiencies in hardware? At the end of the day how it flies is going to win out in my book.

Thoughts?

Madinpensacola

70cc twin V2
Well, I own the MXS and it flies wonderfully well. That being said, the hardware packs are of low quality IMHO. I replaced most of it quite honestly. AW hardware packs are FAR superior IMHO.