• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 76/83" MXS

AKfreak

150cc
That looks like a real turd, Such a shame they ripped the scheme. The canopy looks like a edge v3 ripoff. At first glance it looks like the EF plane, when you look closer, you can see it's just another wanna be turd, I will say they know how to get cheap shipping. All the way from China it's only $127.

Can you imagine the nightmare of tying to get this turd replaced when it arrives with the normal UPS boot prints, and damage. Even so, I just don't see how they can ship it so cheap. Sorry to bring up shipping costs again , lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Aeroplayin

70cc twin V2
LOL... you mean this boot print?

IMG_0350.JPG

Aeroplayin

70cc twin V2
The fact that it's right after the Fragile stencil is pure irony. Also tells you that they don't give a hoot.

I once heard the doorbell rings an looked outside... a cute young blonde in brown shorts was literally running back to her brown truck in full sprint. Thinking that she probably heard about my reputation :) I thought noting of it. Expecting a plane, I opened the door, and there was a hole in the top of the box that looked like it took a 12 gauge shell at ten yards.

I took a pic with my phone to send to EF for instructions just in case, but when I opened the box, whatever made the hole missed everything inside and there was no damage at all. whatever made the hole could not have gone that far into the box because the wing was the only thing in-line between the front and back of the box. Just lucky I guess.

Well, unless someone comes forth to dispute it, I guess I will stake my claim as the owner of the first production 76/83 MXS to be destroyed.
Was in a high alpha harrier, the right wing was removed by a 33% extra, plane went dead and nosed in from ~75'

View attachment 28304

On the plus side, when they called for people to put planes on the runway for award voteing, I put the wreck out as a joke and wound up getting voted 'best of show'.

View attachment 28305

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the motor and RC bits salvageable? I have been flying with jet guys and their crashes are literally fireballs where very little survives.

SnowDog

Well, unless someone comes forth to dispute it, I guess I will stake my claim as the owner of the first production 76/83 MXS to be destroyed.
Was in a high alpha harrier, the right wing was removed by a 33% extra, plane went dead and nosed in from ~75'

View attachment 28304

On the plus side, when they called for people to put planes on the runway for award voteing, I put the wreck out as a joke and wound up getting voted 'best of show'.

View attachment 28305

Aww man, Arkole, that is a bummer. Really sorry to hear that :( :( You just put that plane together and it was flying so nicely at the Tennessee FLI!

AKfreak

150cc
That sucks, what caused the mid air? What's there fault of anyone? I hate when stuff like that happens, because it is completely avoidable. Also the attachments don't appear to be working on my ipad. Not sure if they are working in a PC. That is one expensive best of show award.

After removing half a pound of dirt, the motor spun up fine, esc and servos check out as well. (Other than the one from the right wing as we never found it) all four batts had too much cosmetic damage for me too feel comfortable testing them. (Two 2s 1300s and two 5s 5000s)

The spotter for the other plane came over and apologized after it was over saying he should have been more clear to the pilot about my position. My spotter tried to warn me but it came through too fast for me to get out of the way since I was essentially in a hover.