• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 76/83" MXS

This month I just got into ES pipes. A number of people around here have them on DLE-35s on 78 Extras. I personally have not gotten to fly any of them for one reason or another, but I know they spin the motors up 400-600 more RPMs.

I put one on my GT60 to try to get more power out of it and so far that has not been a huge success. There are also issues with using an after market ignition system to get around the backward starting and the motor is still new. The power is very linear though and only a little louder than the super quiet stock exhaust. That is TBD still.

Now on my DA-120 which I just did with a pair of them, what a difference. I have used RE2s in a few setups and I hate how they surge onto the power. I have yet to experience that with the ES pipe. I set the header length to the recommended 13.5" and tried almost every prop from my 120 quiver. They are all very close to the RE2s, but with less noise and butter smooth transition. I am sold on them at this point.

On the 60 setup the weights are almost equal as the stock muffler is heavy with all the baffling in it.

I have some of the stock mufflers for a DLE-55 which is the same as the DA-50 and they are close in weight to the header, so you will be out the 4 ounces for the pipe. For those 4 ounces though you will pick up a few hundred RPMs, and 1-2 more pounds of thrust at least. It is wing loading where you will suffer, and seeing how you and I will be on the heavy side, that might come into play.

You will hack up the cowl with the stock setup. I am not sure how much you will have to cut for the header as that 50 will stick out more.

That gets me to thinking of a DLE-55RA on ES pipe. Hmm. Can one find a header?

Last edited by a moderator:

AKfreak

150cc
If the stock pipe causes me to destroy the cowl, Ill put on the CF pipe like Jeff. He is at 14 lbs, that is awesome considering the DA50 is on a 35CC plane. hen you buy that ES pipe, does it come with everything you need? I didn't see the flange. header pipe section in the website, so I am curious.

You will need a header, coupler, and clamps. Order the MTW from DA and tell them you need that stuff. The pipe is a pricy addition for sure. You can buy a few cowls for the money.

AKfreak

150cc
I see that, $300 plus shipped for that setup. Must be nice to be sponsored, lol. Wow, I figured $200 for everything, how out if touch I am. Wow!

AKfreak

150cc
Ok I got my shipping total, and all I can say is Ridiculous! $160 This is my second EF plane, and I am excited to get it, but Shipping costs like this are very painful for me to swallow.

Has anyone every bought a plane from Goldwing or RCJetsWorld? I have, and I don't know what they do, but they seem to have a handle on shipping. The last plane I got from them was a 2 box 78" 35cc extra and shipping was $69 bucks.

How on earth can these entry level RC companies ship so cheaply? I hope that the big three companies do research and find out what they are doing?

Before you flame me, I already know EF doesn't charge any extra for shipping, they don't charge for packing materials. They in no way profit from shipping. I am just shocked on the shipping costs? There just has to be a better way. I think they need to offer grey hound of something for us cheap skates.

-~~~~>AKf steps down from the soap box of bitching. :) I am excited to be getting a new plane, especially an EF plane.

Last edited by a moderator:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407525510.487942.jpg

gyro

GSN Contributor
Ok I got my shipping total, and all I can say is Ridiculous! $160 This is my second EF plane, and I am excited to get it, but Shipping costs like this are very painful for me to swallow.

Has anyone every bought a plane from Goldwing or RCJetsWorld? I have, and I don't know what they do, but they seem to have a handle on shipping. The last plane I got from them was a 2 box 78" 35cc extra and shipping was $69 bucks.

How on earth can these entry level RC companies ship so cheaply? I hope that the big three companies do research and find out what they are doing?

Before you flame me, I already know EF doesn't charge any extra for shipping, they don't charge for packing materials. They in no way profit from shipping. I am just shocked on the shipping costs? There just has to be a better way. I think they need to offer grey hound of something for us cheap skates.

-~~~~>AKf steps down from the soap box of bitching. :) I am excited to be getting a new plane, especially an EF plane.

Dude, you're not alone. I cancelled the 78" extra id ordered when I saw the shipping costs. I've got 60cc planes shipped for 2/3rds the cost of one 35cc's shipping

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
If they are getting ripped that bad on shipping... it might be worth exploring other fulfillment options or even moving to another warehouse location. Having to charge 3x a competitors shipping charge on an already top shelf priced product is a major competitive disadvantage imo.

gyro

GSN Contributor
If they are getting ripped that bad on shipping... it might be worth exploring other fulfillment options or even moving to another warehouse location. Having to charge 3x a competitors shipping charge on an already top shelf priced product is a major competitive disadvantage imo.

Not if people just suck it up and pay

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I suppose... the problem is... its too hard to quantify how it impacts their business. If it slows sales down then they lose opportunity on how often they can turn inventory (a key metric in business efficiency that translates directly to operational results). But if they are already maxed out on how often and in what quantities they can obtain inventory then it doesnt matter to them or their bottom line.