• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 76/83" MXS

gyro

GSN Contributor
If I ever have to pull the rudder off of a plane, I will use those for sure!

I use them on ALL my planes now, even those without a removable rudder. I think it's honestly cleaner, easier, and provides a better connection.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409604531.306118.jpg

hone

150cc
I use them on ALL my planes now, even those without a removable rudder. I think it's honestly cleaner, easier, and provides a better connection.

View attachment 30897
That does look nice. I'm using the tensioner on the rudder and the stock hardware at the servo side but I think I'm going to move the tensioners to the servo side and install the coupler on the rudder.

gyro

GSN Contributor
That does look nice. I'm using the tensioner on the rudder and the stock hardware at the servo side but I think I'm going to move the tensioners to the servo side and install the coupler on the rudder.

Thanks Joe :)

Aeroplayin

70cc twin V2
I really like that configuration and may have to redo some pull-pull systems I already have. I have an idea for a removable rudder system, but it may not be any better the current simple solutions available already, but these components gives me the incentive to try it. Thanks for showing that.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I really like that configuration and may have to redo some pull-pull systems I already have. I have an idea for a removable rudder system, but it may not be any better the current simple solutions available already, but these components gives me the incentive to try it. Thanks for showing that.

my pleasure. I get the couplers/tensioners from [MENTION=388]Aztech Aeromodels[/MENTION]

On my one plane that has a removable rudder I did a push pull so I have to remove a M3 bolt and pull the wire out.

I have actually gone back to normal pull pull setups as the tensioners sometimes drive me crazy with nut and figuring out which way to turn them and getting a tool in there. I usually fix the tension on the rudder side. In bigger planes like 50cc they are great and also these 35-40cc planes. I am more referring to the 3DHS and AJ 30cc stuff.

hone

150cc
On my one plane that has a removable rudder I did a push pull so I have to remove a M3 bolt and pull the wire out.

I have actually gone back to normal pull pull setups as the tensioners sometimes drive me crazy with nut and figuring out which way to turn them and getting a tool in there. I usually fix the tension on the rudder side. In bigger planes like 50cc they are great and also these 35-40cc planes. I am more referring to the 3DHS and AJ 30cc stuff.

The picture on this page helps when trying to figure out which way to turn them http://www.secraft.net/shop/step1.php?number=1152

AKfreak

150cc
I made a video about these when I installed mine, Ill post it later. If you didn't know there is a line on one side that designates normal threads, its easy to figure out. Put your index and thumb fingers together and thread it between your fingers. It will grab and thread when you going the right way.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Looks like a great winter project to switch out to those tensioners, I just wish I did it when I built my 83" MXS.

I am really digging that Hanger 9 unit too but hard to justify $60+ when I really have no problems with my Aeroworks one.