• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 76/83" MXS

So I sold my 89" Slick and I'm back to thinking about getting the MXS and going electric. I know some pilots are doing a 50cc equivalent power plant but what about going with something along the lines of an F3A set up?

So instead of 12S 5000mah, I would go 10S 5000mah. The weight difference between the Motrolfly 5335 and 4330 is almost a pound lighter, the batteries would be 1/2 pound lighter, and so loosing 1.5-2 pounds would be possible.

The main reason to go this route is if I ever got into pattern, I'd have some batteries and it is lighter weight.

What do you guys think?

arkie

30cc
My MXS Electric

Finally got my MXS together and maiden last Sunday, I was trying different props and did the maiden with an Xoar 22x8 and today I tried a 22x10. That prop is going to be the right combination of power and speed.

My setup:
Scorpion 5525/195
Castle ICE 2 80 HV (may need to look at a 120)
12s running 2 3300 batteries I already had. (quite a few cycles on them)
Xoar 22/10
Hitec 7955 (5)
Castle BEC pro
AR8000 receiver
Demon Cortex gyro

AUW 12.5 lbs

After 6 flights, I am really going to like this setup.

Pic & data log below.

83_MXS_FB2.jpgMXS_4th_Flight_Data.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharpedge

New to GSN!
Can a few of you please shout out with info on the elevator setup you decided to run. I have a set of 2" arms and I'm not sue if they will be too long, the manual calls for 1.75. When I dry fit the shorter of the two supplied horns it appears that I have more throw before the horn hits the fixed stab surface. Will I have issues with the longer horn and arm, or would it be better to go with a short arm, 1.5" and the shorter horn?

Last edited by a moderator: