• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

EME 35

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
He got it to idle back, said it transitioned well, and came back to idle without hanging up.

@49dimes he said his needles are 3 out on high, and 1 3/4 out on low. The engine doesn't have much fuel threw it, but that high end seems way out.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
He got it to idle back, said it transitioned well, and came back to idle without hanging up.

@49dimes he said his needles are 3 out on high, and 1 3/4 out on low. The engine doesn't have much fuel threw it, but that high end seems way out.

Yes it does. Jody recommended once that the passages in the carb were the needles seat can become restricted with debris. Might be helpful to remove both needles and disassemble carb down to the block and blow out all passages and clean every thing. I do not think the needles are damaged but check to see if they are scored around their tapers where they seat in the carb.
May be Jody will chime in here. Damaged seats normally let every thing stay rich.

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
Finnaly remembered to tach the eme 35 today 20x7 falcon carbon and a dla 32 wrap around Pitts I think we're around 1500feet 0 c out today and I got 7450 on it today. Hauls the 30cc areoplus mxsr around pretty easy

ryan_m

100cc
wow... da-35's will spin a falcon 20x9 carbon to 7800 rpm pretty easily. Quite a difference in power!

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
Is that with stock exhaust? My buddies planes that he took to Florida using a different Pitts muffler is up around 7800. As I said my muffler is meant for a smaller motor. And it's a little rich new motor. And for 400 rpm I will pay 200$ less lolol

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
Sorry 2450 above sea level lol just looked it up so that plays a mayjor role in Rpms on the motor as well

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
Even with the difference in power which should be expected,
no biggie if it, "Hauls the 30cc areoplus mxsr around pretty easy."

For "some", the price point is all the difference between havin fun, or not...
Most planes at our field anyway, have way more power than they need for sure.

Enjoy your engine, and have fun!