• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

EMAC - Electric ONLY IMAC Events

Robotech

70cc twin V2
Don't worry! I plan on putting the screws on Cam to get me an allowance to do that! But, before I build a 40% and electrify it, there will have to be a more permanent solution!
It would take some digging in to AMA sanction rules, but I believe the one sequence and land option would have to apply equally to all contestants. I don't think a singular exception (for electric) would, or should be be allowed. Flying one sequence rounds contest wide allows for both electric and IC powered models to compete on an equal footing. I don't believe you would run in to much resistance to one sequence rounds, especially in the SC.

One of the reasons they did it that way at the Worlds Fly-off was so that contestants flew in front of a greater number and more diverse set of judges, which is another benefit to one sequence rounds. It's a little more work for the CD to create a judging matrix though.

Robotech

70cc twin V2
I see where CC is going to fly a little different format for rounds where the pilot flies one round, lands, then goes back in line for the second sequence. It will be interesting to see how this works out. It should provide equal opportunity for IC and Electrics while not adding/complicating the judging matrix burden.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
The single-sequence rounds worked well at the fly-offs, although as you said, more work for the CD. As pilots we also had less time to relax, but still not rushed at all. I agree if it is done for for all pilots at that contest, I think all it needs is an advanced notice that the contest would be run that way (I might be wrong on that though).

gregm

IMAC Flyer
I built a 118" Carden Extra as an electric and it worked out well and I can fly 2 Unlimited sequences with it.
4 7S 9000 mAhr Revo batteries, MGM400A ESC, Plettenberg 37 Evo motor, Mejlik 29x13.5Q prop.
I took a lot of weight out of the standard kit and manages an all up weight of 37.5 lbs. It is over powered so I don't ever use full power.

Last edited: