• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Electric Power for a 20cc Profile

pawnshopmike

Staff member
i have to agree, i bought one of those gold top/bottom crap motors for a slab foamie and it made good power for about ten flights and then was more of a battery discharge tool than an actual motor. with all of the chinese stuff, it's a crap shoot, sometimes you do ok and other times it's money down the drain. usually i look for good used motors that haven't been beat to crap before going the HK route. but if it's no flying or flying with less expensive equipment i'd always say get flying and do what you can when you can with the equipment.
+1 on the used name brand motors. Best of both worlds. :way_to_go:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Thank you guys for your experience. When I was heavy in to electrics years ago AXI and HACKER where my choice as well. Had some success with E-flight but not powerful like hackers and axi. The Check Republic puts out some pretty darn good stuff both gas and electric. China motors........Well.......Their China motors. Gas or Electric:oblong:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I've been running a Cobra 2213/12 2000kv motor on my little pylon racer and so far it's been great. The overall quality of the Cobra motor seams pretty nice, but I don't have all that many flights on it yet. I'm flying it on 3S, but drying to try it on 4S with a smaller prop. They say it's a big speed jump, but time will tell.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Well a couple of boxes showed up from China. One went through Atlanta :).

Hope the China stuff performs as well as it looks.......:blank:.
20160419_150133.jpg

Alky6

150cc
FWIW, here are the pics of the little pee pee motor. The bigger ones I have (two) are both Torque and am reallly happy with.

image.jpg
image.jpg