• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Eflite Beast 60e

Drew

70cc twin V2
Last thing I got done last night was put heat shrink on the servo leads running up the cabane struts. Few tie wraps and there nice and neat.

SAM_0251.JPG

I also managed to epoxy in the fin.

SAM_0281.JPG

Fin was just a little off from center, so a little sanding and some tape to hold it while the glue dries.

SAM_0282.JPG

gapple 12.........I sprayed a little silicone lube on the strut pins then pushed them in with needle nose pliers. Make sure everthing is lined up. I also use the lube on carbon wing tubes and the bolts used as axels. Does not collect dirt like the reccomended oil. Another prop to try is the Xoar 18x8 E prop, perfect with this motor.
Richard

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks for the suggestions Richard!

Based on the performance numbers from the 18x8 APC, we will go with a wood or carbon 18x8 or 18x10.

Drew

70cc twin V2
gapple 12.........I sprayed a little silicone lube on the strut pins then pushed them in with needle nose pliers. Make sure everthing is lined up. I also use the lube on carbon wing tubes and the bolts used as axels. Does not collect dirt like the reccomended oil. Another prop to try is the Xoar 18x8 E prop, perfect with this motor.
Richard

Cool, I didn't really force the pins since I was just testing the fit. I will give that a try. I'm sure after a few POP TOPS from Gary they will loosen up.

Drew

70cc twin V2
Well, didn't get much done this weekend on the Beast since I have been sick with a wonderful stomach bug.:cursing: Anyways, here is what Ive done....

Got the elevators installed, nothing special here, just epoxy in the wing joiner till dry, then CA the hinges like we did the rest.

SAM_0283.JPG

Next you need to set up the tail wheel assembly.

SAM_0284.JPG

Use a file or dremel and make your flat spots on the rod for the wheel collars to keep from sliding off. I also use the red thread locker for the collar screws. Never have had one come off.

SAM_0285.JPG

Then add a little epoxy to the rod where it will meet with the hole and wood surface. I went ahead and used the epoxy to glue in the elevator and rudder control horns at this time.

SAM_0287.JPG

SAM_0286.JPG

Last thing I did tonight was start getting the tail servos ready for install. I like to use heat shrink for the connections to keep them from coming off.

SAM_0290.JPG

SAM_0291.JPG

SAM_0294.JPG

Drew

70cc twin V2
Little more done......

Rudder Hinged and tail gear installed.

SAM_0295.JPG

SAM_0296.JPG

Elevator servo installed and linkage.

SAM_0298.JPG

SAM_0302.JPG

Had to use a small arm since any longer arm wont clear the stab. Turns out it gets full throw with the smallest arm included with the servo.

SAM_0303.JPG

SAM_0304.JPG

Rudder servo installed with linkage.

SAM_0297.JPG

SAM_0299.JPG

Good throw.

SAM_0300.JPG

SAM_0301.JPG

There are little slots to guide your servo extensions threw. I like to put a little tape where the wire ties will go in case the vibration cuts threw the wire.

SAM_0306.JPG

SAM_0307.JPG

Drew

70cc twin V2
Main gear done. Lot of guys including my self like to install gear first thing, but I understand on this kit why they have you install it last. During assembly of this kit you are constantly flipping the plane over and moving it around. Easier with gear off.

Nothing special here.............just pics

SAM_0310.JPG

SAM_0311.JPG

SAM_0313.JPG

SAM_0314.JPG

SAM_0316.JPG

Wheel pants.....

SAM_0317.JPG