• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

EF 60 Laser

It does fly light. I don't want to shell out another $200 for packs, if I'm not gonna keep it.

Thats ok, I'll just falcon punch him in his knees, if he opens his mouth! ;) Then I'll steal his batteries! LOL!

Bunky F. Knuckle;6726 wrote: It does fly light. I don't want to shell out another $200 for packs, if I'm not gonna keep it.

Thats ok, I'll just falcon punch him in his knees, if he opens his mouth! ;) Then I'll steal his batteries! LOL!

Dang, you've got two flights on it and you're already talking about selling it. You're gonna keep it, so just buy the batteries and be done with it.

By going with the 6S 3700's 30C packs and the APC E 16x8, I actually pick up 25W/lb, over the 6S 5K 45C APC E 15x8. But I'll loose a little flight time, but its all good!

But if I go with the 16x8 APC E on the 5K's, that puts me over the 1850W limit (15sec burst) of the Scorpion 4020-540.

The 15x8 APC E with the 3700's net me right at 301W/lb, 75A, 1470W, 9000 RPM.

The 16x8 APC E with the 3700's " " " " 350W/lb, 87A, 1670W, 8560 RPM.

Obviously, the higher C rate and capacity packs, will allow the power system to create more power.

By going to the 6S 3700's, I'm dropping almost 7.5 oz off the flying weight. Will see how they work! ;) Prolly gonna see about 6 mins of flight time!

I've got a Xoar 16x8 on mine and I'm running 3000's. I can get just over 6 minutes if I fly a healthy balance of 3D and precision. I don't generally break half throttle, so my power usage is low.

I got mine from Brian Emeson at Code 3. Im sure that WW can get them too. $50 a servo. I really like the entire Savox line of servos. I think over the winter, Im going to pull the 8711HVs out of my SC, and send them in for a check up, and sell them to pay for the new Savox Im buying.

The 1250's are incredible!! Just a tad bigger than the Hitec counterpart. The I got, are MG and HV. Blow the Hitec 5245 out of the water on speed and torque. :)

Yeah, I've been looking at them. I'll probably go ahead and order them. I have been really happy with the Savox servos that we put in the 60cc Corvus.