• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

E-flite Beast 60e Aerobatic RC Plane, ARF

gyro

GSN Contributor
So what power systems are you all planning to use? I saw a few took advantage of the new 60e pre-order

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
yeah im going power 60. if it is designed around it i want to give it a chance. got a talon 90 esc to use as well. the power 60 looked just about right for me power wise. not insanely powerful, but more than adequate and allows for smooth flying

3D-Seth

New to GSN!
i feel the opposite. in most e-flite videos you dont see the plane low and slow, its usually high speed. i thought it looked very stable low and slow as well as some wicked pop tops. lots of rudder authority. its also a biplane, which are notorious for bad habbits, so im going to cut it a little slack. i think it looked pretty darn solid in the air

I didn't think it looked bad, I just didn't think it looked impressive either... I can't make solid opinion based on that video, just didn't see enough.. just my personal opinion though! I'm sure I'll get eaten alive for this, but it reminded me of a HK video with a bunch of small clips.. a few pop tops, a weeble wobble, and some harriers.. like I said, I wait and see how you guys like it first.

I thought it looked impressive in the video, and it definitely "sold" me on the plane.

Josh, once ours arrives we'll get plenty of awesome video!

yeah, i see what you mean, and i kind of thought the same thing. always a little fishy when it isnt one solid video, but then again it isnt a joe smith or wamsy video haha. i am happy that they at least showed what we asked for, and it is enough for me to get it as it is the right size biplane that has plenty of control authority and was designed for 3D and precision aerobatics with parts support. to be honest i think we are all hoping it flies as good as it looks, cuz then we would be very very happy :D

Just so you guys know, I flew the airplane in the video...majority of that was shot in one flight. The marketing people like to keep the videos concise, usually around 1 min 30 seconds or so. That particular flight was the 3rd time I had flown the airplane...

The airplane flies phenomenal even without AS3X, the AR635 just adds another extra touch to the airplane, and enhances it that much more.

The airplane flies very much like the big 100cc Beast; shockingly similar actually.

As for the tail not being airfoiled - the 100cc Beast has a flat tail, as does the full size. Trust me when I say this, it flies fantastic. Typical of a QQ design.

Seth Arnold
Horizon Hobby

hone

150cc
Just so you guys know, I flew the airplane in the video...majority of that was shot in one flight. The marketing people like to keep the videos concise, usually around 1 min 30 seconds or so. That particular flight was the 3rd time I had flown the airplane...

The airplane flies phenomenal even without AS3X, the AR635 just adds another extra touch to the airplane, and enhances it that much more.

The airplane flies very much like the big 100cc Beast; shockingly similar actually.

As for the tail not being airfoiled - the 100cc Beast has a flat tail, as does the full size. Trust me when I say this, it flies fantastic. Typical of a QQ design.

Seth Arnold
Horizon Hobby

Awesome info! Thanks Seth and great flying in the video!

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2

Seth Arnold
Horizon Hobby

thanks for hopping on here and giving us the info, it is always much appreciated. ive seen what you can do with an airframe, so while it makes me want it, i know its a lot in the hands of a skilled pilot. thanks again!