• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DX18 Question

Krzy4RC

GSN Contributor
Since there was no upgrade on the DX18 I had to purchase a Gen 2 to get the voice prompts.

I am going to sell my Gen 1. Is there a way to do a quick reset to put it back at Factory Settings?

Thanks.

bobzilla

70cc twin V2
I updated my Gen1 to the lastest patch 1.07 before I sold it. Deleted all my models, then went back to SpektrumRC and DE-REGISTERED it.
That way the new purchaser can start his own account and register.

bobzilla

70cc twin V2
Sell the gen1 as is. Nothing "top secret' is in the model setups. De-register and let the new buyer update. It don't get any easier.
If your insist on cleaning out models, do it. Don't forget to clean out your SD card also.

Best you can do is go into the System Menu-> Model Utilities and keep pressing delete model. Unless you have hundreds of them it only takes a couple of minutes..

bobzilla

70cc twin V2
If he did not update gen1 at all, he would have only 50 models max. Updating to last 1.07 gives you more model utilities, and 250 models. The voice is not loud enough at a noisy field to hear, I should have stayed with my gen1.

Krzy4RC

GSN Contributor
Thanks for all the input. I have really emjoyed having the voice, especially for telemetry...but I fly electric and can hear it pretty good. But a gasser close by makes it tough!