• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Don Smith 1/4 scale P-47 build.

Well the rudder is done. Some more finish sanding when it's time.fit looks good so far. Now I starting the right wing panel and as always nothing fits right and lot's of rib dimensions are way off. I think Don was drinking when he drew it. It's going to take a lot of extra time I wasn't planing on to build it right. If I didn't make a large investment into landing gear and other stuff to finish this bird I would **** can this project. Anyway I must march on word and geter DONE!! I'm doing a complete lay up on the wing, cutting new ribs, had to drill out all the wing tube holes because they for got to lazer cut them in like so many other things. Well here is some pi's and I hope this weekend I can start gluing.
Stay warm all.

Attachments

• m_p-47 018.jpg
    m_p-47 018.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 404
S-10 067.jpg
p-47 #10 066.jpg
p-47 042.jpg
Hello all.
Thought I put up some pic's of my progress. Got the right wing half done and sheeting on one side for now (still waiting for my landing gear) and I'm going to start the sheeting on the left wing this week. After I finish the sheeting I'll start building the flaps and ailerons.