• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Does the King 50 Contest belong to Sleepy?

funflyr

50cc
The King 50 has been a huge success does it belong to Sleepy or FG? I hope GSN can carry on the contest.

Troy

Daytonarc

70cc twin V2
Pretty sure those rights belong to the site that shall not be mentioned. I also doubt they will continue it as it was since there was no direct profit for the site.

King a person or thing regarded as the finest or most important in its sphere or group. synonyms: star, leading light, luminary, superstar, giant, master; informal supremo, megastar

Lets here it for the First Annual Giant Superstar 50.

:woohoo-dancing-bana:first::fist-pump-and-yes-s

SleepyC

150cc
The rights belong to no one. Chris Hinson, Ben Fisher and I conceived the King 50 at Seff in the back of a golf cart like 6 years ago.

Early on we all worked together. Then as the years went on, I assumed more of the organizational responsibilities and everything seemed fine.

Then Ben took his sabbatical for almost two years and that left me to keep it going and Chris donated some prizes and was a supporter.

I then kept it going longer and stayed true to the premise.Which was a full on no holds barred 3D throw down to introduce new pilots to the competition world. And also we were always to keep the contest pure. And by pure I mean ANY sponsorship money that came into the contest would always ONLY go to the pilots. And any entry fee went right back to the pilots prize. And that is what I did. No one ever made $.01 from the King 50. (except the winning pilots) This was actually something I felt was looked down upon by the people I was working for strangely enough.

Anyways, no one really OWNs the King 50. I just kept it going. This year at the XFC after Ben Fisher from 3DHS resurfaced and started attending shows again he let me know that he felt a bit snubbed by me. I was kind of taken back as he was nowhere to be found for quite some time, and I kept the contest to the standards we originally stated. So I told him, I did not feel like anyone owned the contest and as long as it was taking place with the same principals I'd be happy. He said something like GREAT, so what if I take it and do it next year.

That is fine with me. AS long as it happens and the kids that work so hard get the chance to compete then great. But if I don't hear from anyone or no one contacts me saying they would like to do the contest I fully plan on doing it again next year.

The contest always had sponsors, but no website really owned it. If you look, I'm pretty sure FG was just listed as a sponsor, so that's where it stands.

I think I have done a pretty good job hosting it each year, with a little more help I think I could do it better, and I'm always open to have others step in and sponsor, help, whatever.

Like I said, the contest is pure. no one profits, so the more help the better!

funflyr

50cc
Sleepy that's great news. If your looking for a place smack dab in the middle of the country to have next years King 50, Kansas City would love to host it.

It's a great place to fly and enjoy the best BBQ in the country.

Troy

Daytonarc

70cc twin V2
Sleepy, I'm thinking bring it to Daytona Beach. DBRCA.org would welcome you. And we have "The World's Most Famous Beach ".

AEROSHELDON

70cc twin V2
Personally I think it should move to the state or closest field that can host it of the last pilot who won. Denver in the case of Andrew Grant.

Now, some may say that just because I fly with Andrew and live in Denver that I suggested this, but that would be pure speculation. :)

Bemeson

50cc
AEROSHELDON;5570 wrote: Personally I think it should move to the state or closest field that can host it of the last pilot who won. Denver in the case of Andrew Grant.

Now, some may say that just because I fly with Andrew and live in Denver that I suggested this, but that would be pure speculation. :)

I most defiantly agree as I think most pilots would really be shocked by the limitations of the altitude. It would open the eyes of a lot of pilots. All those folks that don't seem to have enough power at sea level would pee in their pants up here.

Brian