Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DLG's Anyone?

Discussion in 'Aero-Tow, Slope, Thermal, Dynamic, GPS Speed, Etc.' started by camss69, Aug 11, 2015.

1. camss69

camss69 70cc twin V2

I know it's not giant scale but anybody have mini-DLG's? I've been thinking about getting one. Hobby King has a pretty awesome looking composite one for about $200 RTF..

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  2. bigblueswope

bigblueswope 100cc

@SleepyC was playing with one at Joe Nall, iirc. He enjoyed the hell out of it. I think it was the Hobbico one.

BJ Swope

pawnshopmike and SleepyC like this.
  3. camss69

camss69 70cc twin V2

I need to get a cheap Spektrum or JR radio I can do bind and fly stuff with... I was looking at getting that Eflite Whipit maybe but I can't fly it on my XG11..

4. SleepyC

SleepyC 150cc

OH
    The Whipit rules! Best $50 ever

Bipeguy03 likes this.
  5. Hmm. I just watched the Horizon video on the Whipit. I'm thinking my daughter would love one of those. I might even be able to get the wife to try it out. :)

6. camss69

camss69 70cc twin V2

I think I'm down for a Whipit also...

Bipeguy03 likes this.
  7. I pulled the trigger and ordered a Whipit. Horizon is out of stock but Ebay has plenty of them.

Bipeguy03 likes this.
  8. MarkDennis

MarkDennis 30cc

The whipit is the best BNF ever! I've nearly worn mine out from flying it so much. I'll have one or two more as soon as they are back in stock.

pawnshopmike, Bipeguy03 and SleepyC like this.
  9. I've been doing some shopping for a DLG myself. Something about them just has me intrigued as hell lol. I will say that through my research I learned to stay away from the Hobby King ones. Almost all of the non "sponsored" reviews have been really bad, things liked warped wings and tail panels, they are really weak, and they are all too heavy.

The Whipit seems really cool but I don't have a radio for it (I fly ATX) :(

I've been looking at the TopSky Disser, that Skip Miller sells, I figure if I'm gonna do it I'm gonna jump in with both feet like I did with Giant Scale. It is one of the cheapest contest capable composite DLG's on the market, so I'm in as soon as I save up some cash :)

Here's the link for anyone interested :)

http://www.skipmillermodels.com/Super_TopSky_3_0_Disser_p/topsky_3.0_d.htm

pawnshopmike likes this.
  10. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

That's great when can I expect it at my door? :)

Deffinately looks like fun.

pawnshopmike likes this.