• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DLE222 quad

poprlite

50cc
Hello to all

Well I finally decided to get a four cylinder to see what all the rave is about. My new 222 came a couple of weeks ago and before I get started building the plane its going on I have been trying to figure out a few things.

The airframe is 2.8m ultimate, so do I wanna use cans or pipes? Two blade or three blade prop? Two fuel tanks or one? Plus their is probably other things but I can't think of them at the moment and maybe some of you guys can pitch a couple of idea's at me.

Thanks

Definitely 2 tanks. You can tune your engine that way, against your fuel consumption.

I would also look into Bowman rings.

As for the others..... It just depends on how you want it to look and sound. Scale aerobatic airplanes are supposed to be noisy. ;)

poprlite

50cc
Never thought of that being a tuning aid using separate tanks. Bowman rings are definitely going to be installed. I have used them on all my latest engines and have great results with them.

I have Bowmans in 1 engine, an EME 120. It performs very well on WrongWayRC tuned pipes. I never ran the engine with the stock rings, so I have no comparison.

There are lots of 222s out there, and everyone seems to be happy with them.