• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Dle120 Reed mod ??

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
If you have low end stalling you likely have other issues (tuning) or one of the reeds is already damaged.

I just did the mod last night on mine. Just order a new set of reeds from VVRC, remove the carb / reed block (no need to remove fuel lines and throttle arm or anything). There is a rubber keeper that slides on over the reeds, pull that off and the reeds are now loose. Cut the factory ones in half and put a slight chamfer on the top outside corners. Install the new reeds with the half reeds on top, then slide the rubber keeper back in place.

Re-install everything and tighten up the carb but not "tight". Sort of pay attention to the torque on them bolts when you take them off, they are snug but not tight. You don't want to over compress any of the gaskets in the reed valve assembly.

_DSC0445.JPG

Yankphan

30cc
My engine is brand new
Maybe 3 gallons.
Stalled 3 times on me various times. Never experienced this before. Have dozens of dle engines , but only 1 dle120.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Looking at your plane in the video shown on the other forum I'm guessing that you may also have an issue with cooling. Those Corvus / MXSR cowls with the little round snorkels are horrible for cooling. Even if you have baffled the inlets to point air at the heads, then properly vent the cowl to get the air out there barely enough open area to get proper air in.

I would drop the carb and check the reeds though and add the mod with the second half reeds.