• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DLE 61

toysforbigboys

70cc twin V2
You can't just incorporate a hole in the firewall?

well from the diagram I added it said from the prop hub to the engine mounting holes was 172mm...well the plane I have from the firewall to the cowl opening is 6 13/16 inches (173mm) the motor head would be up on the firewall according to my diagram

the diagram that you provided from prop hub to standoff ends is 172mm so I get some spacers and I am good, with no mods to the firewall

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Here is the correct diagram. View attachment 12965
Well that is perfect then. I assumed you were going off the DLE measurements. (Did seem a bit much)
You can't just incorporate a hole in the firewall?
Actually, you can recess a hole in the firewall. Seen lots of them done this way. With my 50% Edge, that is the only way you can get the 3W 275 to mount.

3w275xi_b2_ts_lrg.jpg image[1].jpeg

toysforbigboys

70cc twin V2
OK, I'm confused. It appears the engine would fit just fine from the dimensions given by the OP.
I am not trying to confuse..

when I was looking at the diagram that Tower-hobbies has...I was adding the 172mm and 68mm cause of the way the diagram looked...By the diagram the engine is way to big for the plane I have. Then you added the correct diagram that shows the correct dimensions of the motor...which means that the engine will fit just fine..

this is not the first manual that I have seen from DLE that had bad info...That is why I got on here to get the correct answers from my RC buddies..

I don't believe the DLE 61 has quite the power the DA or GP has but it runs so much smoother than the other offerings. Smooth is worth quite a bit to me! Enjoy the new engine!

toysforbigboys

70cc twin V2
I don't believe the DLE 61 has quite the power the DA or GP has but it runs so much smoother than the other offerings. Smooth is worth quite a bit to me! Enjoy the new engine!

I don't know much about the GP, but I know the DA 60 has more power then the DLE, but for the price of the DLE compared to the DA and the good luck I have had with DLE (knock on word) that is the motor I went with. Plus on the Aeroworks 88 edge 540 qb the DLE should be able to pull that plane with no problems.

Thanks again for all the help guys.

emtp275

100cc
I don't know much about the GP, but I know the DA 60 has more power then the DLE, but for the price of the DLE compared to the DA and the good luck I have had with DLE (knock on word) that is the motor I went with. Plus on the Aeroworks 88 edge 540 qb the DLE should be able to pull that plane with no problems.

Thanks again for all the help guys.
Mine has been great so far I give it a few gals to wake up and got to antsy so i installed a bowman ring and have already gained 400rpm after 45min of run time on the ground, It is supper smooth though you will have no issue pulling that 88 edge.

Last edited: