• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Dle 40 twin

Cervelo

30cc
I have a Dle 40 twin that seems to be running good except when I go inverted then I get a miss. Have bowman rings have done the reed mod changed the plugs running a 20x8 Zoar laminated prop any ideas??

I have a DLE 35 that after 1.5 years started exhibiting the same symptoms. Inverted, regardless of speed would die. After messing with tuning to see if it was a tuning issue, I gave up and ordered a replacement walbro carb for it. Runs like a clock now.

BJ Swope

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I have a DLE 35 that after 1.5 years started exhibiting the same symptoms. Inverted, regardless of speed would die. After messing with tuning to see if it was a tuning issue, I gave up and ordered a replacement walbro carb for it. Runs like a clock now.

BJ Swope
Hey Bro,
Which Walbro Carb did you put on your DLE 40? My 40 has been acting up and I was thinking about picking up a Walbro for it. Thanks!

Alky6

150cc
Hey Bro,
Which Walbro Carb did you put on your DLE 40? My 40 has been acting up and I was thinking about picking up a Walbro for it. Thanks!

Hey Mike, FWIW, I believe my VVRC 40 has the WT 805 on it. But will double check and confirm for you later today.

Edit: confirmed number. It is WT 805 - see post below.

Last edited:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The problem could be the diaphragm is getting stiff from either time or non ethanol gas. As the diaphragm gets stiff it becomes less responsive to the pulse and when inverted gravity does the rest. Two things are going on when 0ne is getting stiff, it does not pump well, and the second is with the diaphragm being stiff it may not flex enough to open the needle allowing fuel into the jets.

Last edited:

pawnshopmike

Staff member
The problem could be the diaphragm is getting stiff from either time or non ethanol gas. As the diaphragm gets stiff it becomes less responsive to the pulse and when inverted gravity does the rest. Two things are going on when 0ne is getting stiff, it does not pump well, and the second is with the diaphragm being stiff it may not flex enough to open the needle allowing fuel into the jets.
Thanks for the info. The engine is only a few months old with maybe 10 flights. Ran great at first. But now it doesn't want to except any fuel. Starts and idles fine but when you throttle it up it dies. Playing with the needles doesn't seem to help. I'm going to pull the carb, clean it and do the reed block mod. But I was also thinking about slapping a Walbro on there while I had everything apart.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
A new carb is usually my route with carb issues. At around 35 bucks it is just too easy to replace and keep going, I just received one yesterday for DLE 55 so 30 minutes tomorrow and it will be back in the air.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
A new carb is usually my route with carb issues. At around 35 bucks it is just too easy to replace and keep going, I just received one yesterday for DLE 55 so 30 minutes tomorrow and it will be back in the air.
That's what I was thinking too. I just have to figure out which carb. Valley View has a Walbro on their website for the VV40. I may call and ask them if it will work on the DLE. Don't really want to throw another DLE carb on it.