• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DLE 111 issue

When I start my DLE 111 for the first flight of the day the rpm fluctuates. It goes pretty high and then extremely low. It continues to do this quite a bit till I increase the throttle then it gets ok. As mentioned earlier this only happens before the first flight.. None of the engines in my other airframes does this. Would appreciate input from you guys.

thurmma

150cc
Sounds like you may have an air leak that seals up after the engine warms up. Check the bolts on any area around the carb and reed cage, if the dle has a separate reed block. May want to take a look at the plugs also to see if they are getting fouled.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Sounds like you may have an air leak that seals up after the engine warms up. Check the bolts on any area around the carb and reed cage, if the dle has a separate reed block. May want to take a look at the plugs also to see if they are getting fouled.

I was thinking the same thing except he said first start of the day. Are these things only happening at first startup? I have had two engines drop a cylinder intermittently, one was my first DLE111 on canisters and I had it really rich not knowing that they need to be leaner with cans. Second one I had drop a cylinder was a DA that had a bad ignition.....actually worked but was weak on one side.

Yup only the first startup. Subsequent flights have no issues. Terry mine also had one cylinder working the other day on the first startup. Then the other came on itself after around 15 seconds. But this only happened once so far, the rpm fluctuating happens all the time on first startup.