• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Determined

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Hi guys and gals,

Just wanted to write about a meet up last night with another member of GiantScaleNews.com. My job takes me to a few really cool places in the world and one of them is Tel Aviv, Israel. Israel might not be very big and they might not have very many well-stocked RC shops but they do have one very motivated, very hard working, and very determined Giant Scale flyer named Adi, GSN username @TazmanianDevil .

If you were at the World IMAC Championships last year then you likely met Adi and saw him fly. Adi plans travel and competition participation years in advance and works tirelessly to get himself ready for each event. Travel time to his flying sites is an hour to two hours and he's had to miss practice for weeks at a time when regional conflicts put his aircraft at risk of being mistaken for an "unfriendly" by Israel's Iron Dome anti missile system.

Our conversation at dinner last night was hard to follow with it jumping between topics at any given moment....politics, religion, regional history, and of course Giant Scale RC! He's a good guy and working very hard to up the game of everyone that he flies with. Whether it's flying figures, judging, setting up giant scale planes, he's sharing it all with his fellow flyers to get them up to speed to make IMAC in Israel a more active and competitive community.

He's got plans to compete in England this year following a few days of instruction with Thomas David. If you see him give him a pat on the back, he's earned it! Great job Adi and thank you for your enthusiasm and determination to be the best Giant Scale flyer you can be!

And one last detail.....his wife is awesome! Adi approached her to discuss shipping his IMAC plane to the US for the Worlds last year and she said.............wait for it................"why not just buy a new plane and have it in the US for you to fly when you travel there?" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adi is flying Krill airframes and MVVS engines, both manufactured in the Czech Republic!

Last edited:

SleepyC

150cc
Adi is an awesome guy. 100% stand up dude. I have known him for a while "online" but got to hang out a bit at Worlds. My only complaint is he's not closer so we could hang out on a more regular basis.

And from what he said, his whole family is pretty awesome and supportive.
Thanks for sharing Bart!

Tommyd

New to GSN!
Wow, you've got me worried now... Few days instruction... You do realise that I don't have a clue what I'm talking about?

"Iron Dome antimissile system"??? Guess I shouldn't complain about a few geese hanging around the pond at my field. People are what make this hobby so great. Maybe our paths will cross one day. Great story.