• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

De-fueling

So, how do you de-fuel with a Jersey Modeler electric pump fuel can? I just got a new one and I kinda wish I had thought to ask this first.

Ok, I feel pretty stupid. The switch is double - throw, "fill - drain" and described on the one - Page user's guide. In the computer biz we would say RTFM.

Good thing were among friends here or I'm sure someone would take the easy shot at me.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Ok, I feel pretty stupid. The switch is double - throw, "fill - drain" and described on the one - Page user's guide. In the computer biz we would say RTFM.

Good thing were among friends here or I'm sure someone would take the easy shot at me.
No need....it was a self-inflicted wound ;)

3D-Joy

50cc
Just a quick note. Some people just never defuel to keep lines from drying even during winter. Then in spring just put gas over whats left and go fly.

Spats

100cc
Just a quick note. Some people just never defuel to keep lines from drying even during winter. Then in spring just put gas over whats left and go fly.

Agreed, I never empty my tanks and have not had any clunk lines shrink or get brittle.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Agreed, I never empty my tanks and have not had any clunk lines shrink or get brittle.
Do you ever have to use anything like STABIL in your fuel like Paul Harvey says to do? Hee hee...just kidding. It usually takes more than a few months for fuel to go bad right? I've been emptying my tanks every time I am finished for the day. So far, all my lines are still as soft and plyable as the day I built the tanks.