• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton Yak 54, 38% please submit suggestions here....

Just finished her, well sort of:

IMG_8681.JPG

total weight empty fuel tank is 46 pounds. With full tank of 2 liters petrol, it is 49 pounds.
COnsidering, my da 200 weighs 11 pounds, and the canisters weigh: 1.5 pounds, so total weight of that is 12.5 pounds, with the headers.

If I went with a DA 150L and stock muffs, it would weigh 8 pounds, and the airplane would weigh 41.5 pounds. I am very happy with my weight, as it is identical to the weight of my Dalton 300 ML with a DA 200 as well. I believe I would be delusional to think, this airplane with a DA 200 would weigh under 40 pounds. It is just not gonna happen! Maybe with stock muffs and coring out wings and not using any carbon fiber in the airplane.

I FORGOT to mention, the CG!!
It is on the front 1/2 of the wing tube!!
I am very happy with that, and this is with the batteries right next to the power distribution area. This means, I can fly her, and then adjust the batteries by moving them back, as needed, to Dial in my CG.
Also, I need to add the pilot and instrument panel, so this will help with the Nose heavy condition, if it is there.

capthis

70cc twin V2
That's why I quit weighing planes... I build them with weight in mind and then just fly them. I've been known to get too caught up on weight when I should of just focused on flying the silly thing! :)

I say that but I do sometimes still weigh things.

Your plane is looking really good and I am impressed at the speed at which you can build!

back to the Instrument panel....

i placed my instruments and flight path on the CF laminate. Trying to locate them and see where to put what....

IMG_8727.JPG

this is what I came up with:

IMG_8728.JPG

then, I cut out the holes and glued them in.....

IMG_8729.JPG

now, I need to finish the box out, then glue this on!