• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton Yak 54, 38% please submit suggestions here....

test fit of the landing gear (no wheels!!!)

IMG_8076.JPG

IMG_8077.JPG

Cam, less epoxy more ca.epoxy aeras like firewalls and gear plates.EPOXY HEAVEY !!!!

I agree! I used Epoxy for the gear plate and firewall area. The majority of glue used is Titebond, then for sheeting, Poly-Urethane glue. In areas that require the best bond, I used epoxy, but overall, titebond is the glue used. I let you know how much it all weighs!!!

hbollier

70cc twin V2
Cam, it looks awesome! I have a glider kit waiting to be built and then a set of plans for a 30cc Yak. Your builds are a great resource!

Last edited:
I wanted to show a detailed step by step on the hatch, since this is not mentioned in the manual. Here we go...

The manual stops at sheeting the hatch area, After that, nothing else is mentioned. I looked at the plans, and figured out what had to be done.

1st picture shows the sheeted hatch area and the glued in tabs for the screws to fasten the canopy to the fuselage. Unlike the 300, the Yak will only require 4 screws instead of 6, and there are two pins in the front of the hatch area, that will keep into the top cowl. I really like this better.

IMG_8079.JPG
IMG_8080.JPG
IMG_8081.JPG

These are following steps not mentioned in the manual. I obtained a 1/4" by 1/4" spruce stringer, and measured and cut to glue on to the hatch plate. This is mentioned to be balsa in the plans. I chose to go with spruce. You have to glue them at an angle towards the front, as the fuselage transitions from round in the front to more rectangular shape towards the back. The piece in the front, you also have to bevel to take to account the roundness of the front of the hatch area. I also obtained two pieces of 1/2" balsa, for the canopy support piece, that will be glued on the Hatch former 2.

IMG_8082.JPG
IMG_8083.JPG
IMG_8084.JPG
IMG_8085.JPG
IMG_8086.JPG