• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton 300 ml build thread.

Cam what size wire are you using for your hinge pin? Great job on the rebuild!

K&S music wire

0.062"
1.57 mm wire

IMG_9440.JPG

Reactions: Jlc
the rudder is almost ready.,,,

Here< i am marking the location for the tiller arm ball link. I will be using a tiller arm instead of the springs this time.
IMG_9446.JPG

I have cored out a 20 mm hole on the bottom of the rudder.
IMG_9447.JPG

Here is my 1" round Poplar hard point for the ball link.
IMG_9448.JPG

Here it is after I glued it in....
IMG_9449.JPG

And this is after I drilled the hole for the ball link. Once it is covered, then I will glue in the ball link with Aeropoxy.
IMG_9453.JPG

Now all that is left to do is drill the hole for the music wire and then drill for the hinge points and then bevel the LE and TE.
IMG_9445.JPG

Thank you Bobby!

Well, here is a sneak peek!!

I have installed the motor.
ALl i need to do is:
1. install gas tanks
2. install rudder servos

3. finish the wings, set the wing incidence, and then cover them.

IMG_9472.JPG
IMG_9473.JPG
IMG_9474.JPG
IMG_9476.JPG
IMG_9477.JPG
IMG_9478.JPG
IMG_9479.JPG
IMG_9480.JPG

Hope you all have had a great T-giving day, and got your fill of turkey!

Well, i did make it out the shop, and after installing everything into the fuselage, I did weigh it, and the fuselage, minus wings, is 35.5 pounds!!
Not bad.
If I make the wings at 5 pounds a piece, I will be back to the weight it was before (the tree incident), which was 46 pounds.

SO, my goal, avoid using one pound of glue per wing!

Ok, something very interesting, today, for the 1st time since that dreaded day, I turned on the radio. Turns out, I have damaged 8 out of 11 JR MP82T servos!

Not good!

Will have to get those replaced and send the damaged ones in to JR for repair (not under warranty).