• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton 300 ml build thread.

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
I would unmask and remask your canopy too. If the paint dries with too much of a build at the tape line, you wont have a nice clean edge.

I would unmask and remask your canopy too. If the paint dries with too much of a build at the tape line, you wont have a nice clean edge.

i did it, thank you for that suggestion.

It is bittersweet!
That is by far the best paint job i have ever done. I am amazed at the lustre and the quality of the paint job. There is not a single paint run or accumulation anywhere. It really came out good.
The painting was done with a first mist on spray, leaving little beads of paint, can still see primer in background. I waited 20 minutes, then I applied a 2nd coat, that was more or less "granular in appearance" but no more primer could be seen. Then i waited 30 minutes and applied the last coat of paint which went on looking "wet". The total paint mixed was 4 ounces total of paint with catalyst (had to wait 40 minutes to allow to induct), then i added 2 ounces of thinner.
Sad part is I have to do it all over again. Do not know if it will come out as good as the 1st attempt??
I had to remove the masking tape so that the seam does not get too accumulated with paint and to thick that it breaks off when i peel of the vinyl. SO far, this removal was easy and no paint came off anywhere. Again, that vinyl masking tape from 3M is the bomb!! There was no bleed under with that tape. I will now wait for the new paint to arrive and will post pictures once it is done. let's see if it matches up!!!

IMG_6808.JPG
IMG_6809.JPG
IMG_6810.JPG
IMG_6811.JPG

mndless

Don't know a thing..
Can you work in some darker red trim on the tail end? the two shades of red do not appear to be conflicting... looks like you could make it work... if you need to.

Really nice job with the paint!!

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2

Sad part is I have to do it all over again. Do not know if it will come out as good as the 1st attempt??

Cam, it will turn out better.

If KK will mix the correct shade for you I'd repaint. The time it takes for you to sand down the red and then re-prime will be well worth it.

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
As long as you sand what you have there flat again(wet is better), the next paint job will be just as good. The method you use is a good one. 2 medium coats for coverage, and then one wet coat for the look you want. Stinks you have to do it again. But it will be worth it. You have spent a lot of hours on this plane, what's a couple more.

They have shipped out the new paint. Should get here by Monday or Tuesday!!

Last night, I did the linkage for the tail wheel. I made these springs myself. I got them at the local ace hw store for 50 cents each.
image.jpg