• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

DA250 4 stroke

Sounds like this motor would go a long way in reducing both prop an exhaust noise.  Much needed in the Giant Scale world.  Especially in the N.E. area where we're loosing a lot of flying fields.

reyn3545

100cc
Bartman said
isn't a two cylinder technically a radial? 
shame.png
I think we're going to have to demote you back to glow pilot!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Stinger said
Sounds like this motor would go a long way in reducing both prop an exhaust noise.  Much needed in the Giant Scale world.  Especially in the N.E. area where we're loosing a lot of flying fields.
Seems that is the trend lately. Kind of bites the big one.... Funny thing that I've found is that the ones doing most of the complaining about the noise typically engage in just as (if not more so) "ANNOYING" hobbies and activities as we RC Pilots.

Mikeq

150cc
Man I'm glad noise isn't an issue where we fly...we have a neighborhood fairly close and sometimes attract spectators but no one has ever complained. My 170 with stock exhaust and that Xoar prop can really get loud...

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Ummm....Yeah...I would say so. My friend Richard has the same set up on his 38% Extra. 170, stock exhaust and Xoar 32x10. Makes your ears bleed.... lol

Mikeq

150cc
I keep asking my club members if they want me to change props to quieten the flights and they actually threatened bodily harm to me if I change it. LOL It's really not that loud unless you give it too much throttle.

Robotech

70cc twin V2
stangflyer said
Ummm....Yeah...I would say so. My friend Richard has the same set up on his 38% Extra. 170, stock exhaust and Xoar 32x10. Makes your ears bleed.... lol
Holy crap, I bet it does. My DA150 ripped a Xoar 32X10 CF at half throttle.