Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  2. Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

DA250 4 stroke

Discussion in 'Desert Aircraft' started by Snapasaurus, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Just wondering if DA is making or is planning to make that motor, I for sure would love to have One.

2. http://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1735558&postcount=2

Yeah, I remember Sleepy posting these prototype pics way back in 2012...I guess they decided not to pursue it...haven't heard anyone even mention that engine in a while..

3. Terryscustom

Terryscustom 640cc Uber Pimp

I saw them take off with it at noontime at Joe Nall but it had a dead stick and I never saw it again.      I heard from others that it had been flying each day otherwise though.

4. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Hard to compete in the four stroke field with the likes of Kolm, Artus and Moki.

5. SleepyC

SleepyC 150cc

OH
    I know Tony built a 3M Comparf Yak and had Mark flying it.

I don't think they gave up on the motor, just doing development and R&D to make it perfect.

I'll ask Tony about it and see if he has any news.

6. stangflyer

It would be kind of cool to know the scoop.....Thanks Sleepy

7. I believe watched a video of a 40% composite being flown wit one somewhere.

I'll see if I can find it.

**** Sorry, I was wrong ****

It was this video and a different engine.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=82QyX_CPZkE

8. I saw the plane engine combo fly at the Nall, Mark Leesberg was the pilot but haven't heard anything since, I like different stuff and that's why I am asking, I would love to put that motor in a composite ARF 3.3 m Yak vinyl wrapped in GSN colors.

9. stangflyer

I would have liked to just have the motor so I could hug it and squeeze it and love it and play with it anytime I wanted.

49dimes likes this.
  10. stangflyer

Awesome video all the same. You always seem to have some of the coolest vid's... [​IMG]