• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DA-70 and Plane Bender Smooth Pipes

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Bdegan;12545 wrote: And the new reeds

Just curious, did you blow the reeds, or just swap them out? I'm not sure what happened but this thread was not on my sub'd list and I just got caught up. All I can say is WOW. I know mine on stock muffs rips that 25x8W at full tilt in the air, but your's just on a stand sounds just insane!!!

You guy's are crazy......I like it!!!!

DATech

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
12595=5799-DA70 HP and Torque.jpg
12595=5799-DA70 HP and Torque.jpg

Bdegan

50cc
Terryscustom;12582 wrote: Just curious, did you blow the reeds, or just swap them out? I'm not sure what happened but this thread was not on my sub'd list and I just got caught up. All I can say is WOW. I know mine on stock muffs rips that 25x8W at full tilt in the air, but your's just on a stand sounds just insane!!!

You guy's are crazy......I like it!!!!

I picked up the motor second hand. When I called DA to order the MTW headers. Tony ran the serial number and said the reed update had not been done on this particular motor.

so he sent me a new set with the headers.

When I opened the reed block, one reed petal had some feathering and a small piece missing on a corner.

The reeds were still sitting flat and sealed well. The motor had a couple dozen flights on it.

But it would have only been a matter of time for that reed to fail further.

So I put the new ones in.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Good to know, I'll check both of mine out during Winter maintenance. I think I have one with single digit serial number and the other is 30'something so they probably need it.

Can't wait to see what you build to put your little powerhouse into!!!

Bdegan

50cc
Terryscustom;12610 wrote: Good to know, I'll check both of mine out during Winter maintenance. I think I have one with single digit serial number and the other is 30'something so they probably need it.

I was planning to build an EMHW 2.15 m ultimate. Do some mild lightening..

but Vogelsang isn't replying to my enquiries as to stock.

Not sure if that will materialize or not.

In the mean time, I have picked up the remains of 2 crashed 3DHS 103 inch Extra 330sc. I ordered a new motor box kit for the plane as well.

This weekend I will be starting a tear down and rebuild of the 2 airframes.

Plan to remake one complete airframe from the two. Put the piped 70 in that for giggles.

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
Bdegan;12616 wrote: I was planning to build an EMHW 2.15 m ultimate. Do some mild lightening..

but Vogelsang isn't replying to my enquiries as to stock.

Not sure if that will materialize or not.

In the mean time, I have picked up the remains of 2 crashed 3DHS 103 inch Extra 330sc. I ordered a new motor box kit for the plane as well.

This weekend I will be starting a tear down and rebuild of the 2 airframes.

Plan to remake one complete airframe from the two. Put the piped 70 in that for giggles.

Wow can't wait to see that video brad.

Bdegan

50cc
Terryscustom;12610 wrote: Good to know, I'll check both of mine out during Winter maintenance. I think I have one with single digit serial number and the other is 30'something so they probably need it.

My serial number is 93