• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DA-50 Side dump exhaust question

njswede

150cc
I'm trying to fit a side dump exhaust in my Aerobeez 88" Slick, but it would require me to pretty much slaughter the cowl. However, if I could cut the pipe just an 1/2 inch or so, it would fit perfectly. Would I affect performance if I cut the pipe on the side dump? Are they tuned in any way?

SnowDog

pitts mufflers for dle-55s and such run about $50 or so...perhaps that would be a better option?

dskuro95

100cc
Not sure about the 88" Slick, but on my 89, I cut mine nice and straight and just long enough that it will barely go in. It looks very clean and I am quite surprised.

I'm trying to fit a side dump exhaust in my Aerobeez 88" Slick, but it would require me to pretty much slaughter the cowl. However, if I could cut the pipe just an 1/2 inch or so, it would fit perfectly. Would I affect performance if I cut the pipe on the side dump? Are they tuned in any way?

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
I just cut a hole right under it on my Redwing Slick, it has a whole in the front because Loctite didn't hold the bolts in and motor came loose.