• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Da-120

We were running a 29 x 10 for most of the season and it pulls an EF 104 just fine and the 29 gives a little downline braking. The 28 x 12 is rocket-ship power. Wouldn't want too many RPMs on a new motor so the 27 x 11 sounds like a hot suggestion running red line 40:1 for break-in. On a broke-in motor, be interested to see it on the upline with snaps etc... Definitely a fan of Falcon props. Love Vess for shipping and customer service, none better, but not so much on flying the props lately... with that said, never tried the stealth line of props after we started running Mej on the 120.

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
I've always wanted to try the 29x9 Falcon. I've flown a 28x12 Mez and 29x10 on a Carden 260. I agree the 28x12 is sweet. The 29x10 was something wood and was just too slow for me. The way that Vess 28b stealth rips it around, I just keep flying and haven't bothered changing it.

Extra 300S, 118" w/ DA 170/Mej 3 blade 33 x 12.5 I believe, for right now, 3 x 8611s in each wing, 2 x 9157s on elevator and rudder. Futaba 14 ch Receiver on a smartfly comp 12. Li Ion for batts so, unfortunately low voltage for now. It's for IMAC this season.

Last edited by a moderator:

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
Man that is a lot of servo power! We all run 2 per wing half and 1 per stab half with absolutely no issues. That will be sweet for IMAC and they 3D great. Prob a 29x12.5 3 blade which is just sweet on the DA170. I'm jealous, the 300s are just on rails!

BrandonD

30cc
Really want to have a DA-120 on my first 100cc class aircraft! I hear so many amazing stories about how awesome they are and I can not wait to have one for myself!