• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Da-120

gyro

GSN Contributor
Well, my DA-120 arrives tomorrow! She's a few years and about 40 flights old, but ready to go.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378517590.129200.jpg

Looks like I'll be starting out with VP Powermix 40:1 and a Mejz 28x12" CF prop.

So, how's this DA120 treatin' ya, Gary? We just got a 28x12 Mej after trying out the 29 x 10 Mej most of the season. Hoping to try it out this week and get a little more speed on the uplines.

gyro

GSN Contributor
So, how's this DA120 treatin' ya, Gary? We just got a 28x12 Mej after trying out the 29 x 10 Mej most of the season. Hoping to try it out this week and get a little more speed on the uplines.

It'll be a while... still need to build the 104 that it'll be going into. That said, I'm really interested to hear how you like the 28x12, as thats the only prop I have so far.

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
I've been running a Vess Stealth 28b with my 120 on my 104" Prop is just awesome. I have flown a few different planes with DA120s and the Mez 28-12 is an amazing IMAC freestyle prop. It is pull with speed through upline snaps until out of sight without slowing. And it is super quick. I have 2 Mez 28x10 sitting out home to try as well.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I've been running a Vess Stealth 28b with my 120 on my 104" Prop is just awesome. I have flown a few different planes with DA120s and the Mez 28-12 is an amazing IMAC freestyle prop. It is pull with speed through upline snaps until out of sight without slowing. And it is super quick. I have 2 Mez 28x10 sitting out home to try as well.

I suspect the stealth 28b is similar to the 28x10 Mej I have, so I'm anxious to try it and see :)

On the 28 x 12, the plane jumps into flight. Just perfect really. Depending on pipe or mufflers, I would be curious to see the RPMs on the 28 x 10 expecting it to be well +7000 WOT on the ground...

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
On the 28 x 12, the plane jumps into flight. Just perfect really. Depending on pipe or mufflers, I would be curious to see the RPMs on the 28 x 10 expecting it to be well +7000 WOT on the ground...

I've seen a 28x10 falcon in action and it was awesome. From what I understand most xfc guys used 28x10 and 27x11 falcons.