• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cyclic servos for 48in. airframes

jmart95

70cc twin V2
Hey guys, I've heard it talked about many times, but have yet to hear the results of somebody using cyclic servos for the 48in. planes. I keep killing servos(just this past week I killed my dads rudder on his 3dhs edge, and my rudder on my shp, and I think the elevator as well. Hitec 5065's). Any suggestion per which brand or servo to use?

Feral

Align ds415's and the soon to be released align ds430s

I run Align servos in all my birds and have never had an issue with them and I'll continue to run them untill they fail

jmart95

70cc twin V2
I've been looking at these but haven't got around to trying them yet. They look a little tall though. http://www.helidirect.com/rjx-micro-servo-p-29041.hdx

I'm also looking at these but the RJX look like a better deal http://www.amainhobbies.com/product...ormance-Ball-Bearing-Metal-Gear-Digital-Servo

Align ds415's and the soon to be released align ds430s

I run Align servos in all my birds and have never had an issue with them and I'll continue to run them untill they fail
Thanks guys. I was looking at those RJX servos, they look awesome. Think I'm gonna try those Align's first though. Apparently slop is an issues with them, but for the price, I'll see how they work.

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
I have been using Savox sh0257's in my 48" planes for about a year. I do run a HS-5085 on elevator as they have bigger gears. They have been holding up fine and are crazy fast.

gyro

GSN Contributor
they are great servos, and yes, super fast. Only thing to be cautious of with the SH0257 and the SH0255 servo is not to put super long servo arm extensions on them. I've burned out the motor on a 0255 from having too long of an arm.

G

hone

150cc
I had a problem with gear slop developing quickly and centering with the savox servos in this size. The bigger ones have been great though. If i don't find a reliable servo i'll probably retire my last 48'' plane and stick to the 60'' size. It's costing me a fortune in servos to keep my 48'' flying.

Last edited by a moderator:

jmart95

70cc twin V2
Yeah, the savox servos are better, but still not able to take what I've thrown at them though. My dad has them on his ef yak, and the rudder on my laser, and I just don't have faith in them, as the rudder on my laser still has issues. The yak seems fine, but I've only had about 3 or 4 flights on it, and I don't fly it as hard as I would with one of my planes. I agree with hone though, I've gone through enough servos that I might has well have gotten a 57 or 58.