• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Curtiss XP-55 Ascender

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
That is absolutely awesome. It look's to be real stable with the exception of a touchy canard, but that could be due to the nose heavy thing. If you have a computer Tx, of which I'm sure you do, you can set a switch up for an idle rpm. That is what I use to do with my electric's.

Reactions: JAG

Larry B

70cc twin V2
Thanks Ace R/C, I did not know that you could do that. I have a Futaba 14 something or other that does a million things that I have no idea how to use. I will break out the book and see if I can figure out how to do that, then I think that will help with the landing issues.

JAG

70cc twin V2
Not sure about the Futaba, but on my spektrum I just use a throttle curve on a switch. Even if you don't use a curve you can just modify the low need and raise the idle off 0. I do this on my gassers, and on my larger electrics. Although I don't have anything that big.

JeffH

New to GSN!
it may be called the throttle cut or similar. Same thing you use for IC engines. You have a flight idle rpm, flip the switch and it goes to zero trim which is zero rpm.
I used to mix my throttle trim to the left slider on my Futaba 12.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Looks like it flies ok.....at least fly-able!

Sorry about the gear (again )!

Camera man needs new glasses (Abe :too-cool: )

Reactions: Abe

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Not sure about the Futaba, but on my spektrum I just use a throttle curve on a switch. Even if you don't use a curve you can just modify the low need and raise the idle off 0. I do this on my gassers, and on my larger electrics. Although I don't have anything that big.

Being he is running electric he should leave his throttle and trim as is and just add the throttle up on an open switch. This method helps eliminate throttle up when powering up. Most radios have a throttle safety so if the switch is active the radio won't initialize, but the radio will initialize with the trim up higher for a higher idle.
I call this my landing throttle whether electric or gas.

Last edited: