• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Covering questions

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
Have any of you guys ever used pearl charcoal or seafire gray ultracote? I can't seem to find good pics anywhere that show the seafire gray very good. Is it metallic? I'd like to know how the two compare.

Maybe you'd have some in your store, @pawnshopmike?

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Have any of you guys ever used pearl charcoal or seafire gray ultracote? I can't seem to find good pics anywhere that show the seafire gray very good. Is it metallic? I'd like to know how the two compare.

Maybe you'd have some in your store, @pawnshopmike?
I might have the Pearl Charcoal. But the Seafire Gray doesn't sound familiar. I'll take a look in the morning when I get to work.

Last edited:

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
Getting some time and motivation around to finally cover this bird (maybe[emoji6]). If I do a large checker pattern, like 6-8 squares per panel, is it best to lay a solid base color? Or is it better to just do individual blocks and piece it together?

yakken

100cc
My jtec had individual blocks. My pilots had a base cover. I like the way the pilots are. If you lose a checker while flying doesnt matter.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
Not completely sure what I'm getting myself into here [emoji33] but this is my first attempt at a recover job. Working at stripping it down tonight. Any tips, hints, or suggestions on the subject are all greatly appreciated.
6977f2595b1ac7b933ab8036e1b05f2f.jpg

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Watch that metallic covering when shrinking it, in my experience it takes more heat to shrink it than the normal colors.

I recovered a 50cc Yak 54 in metallic platinum , I burnt a few holes until I figured out how much heat it would take and still shrink (using heat gun to do the final shrink)