• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

CONTEST TIME!! - Custom Sanding Blocks!!

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Thanks for donating these Chris!!.....cool contest to win some nice sanding blocks:D

I have a couple of recover jobs I'm working on, they would come in handy for squaring up some of the LE and TE surfaces the factory neglected to finish. Also they would come in real handy for one of the little builds I've been working on for some time now.

yakpilot

50cc
These are awesome Chris! Thanks for donating them to the best website ever! I plan to order a set and give them to my buddy Russ as a thank you for all of his mentoring.

Alky6

150cc
I desperately need some sanding blocks so I can finish my JTEC 2.7m Extra build!!!
Thanks to Chris for donating these!! They are awesome!

For some reason though, I seem to have enough clamps! LOL

ryan_m

100cc
I would use them to build lots of planes for other club members and help to grow the hobby. I enjoy building, and have helped quite a number of new pilots at our field by putting together planes for them, and also training them to fly. And so I'm always in need of building supplies to keep building for others and growing the hobby!

Awesome! @cbarnes0061 , You are the Man!

If I win, I'll be using these on my very first kit build. I turned 40 this week and my lovely wife bought me a Mountain Models L4 Grasshopper!
http://www.mountainmodels.com/produ...d=591&osCsid=42c9bf0797a039d3e151b661c1646981
View attachment 13356

L4 Grasshopper!!! That's definitely on my list of must haves some day. I love that bird. Would like to see some pics of the build progress and your experience since it's your first kit build. I've never considered a build before but my interest has grown in the last few months and I would like to give it a try.

ExtraNuts

70cc twin V2
I can think of a ton of uses for these sanding blocks. These would work perfect for my 35% 260 that I want to strip down and sand a few pounds out of. A nice set of sanding blocks are priceless right when you need them.

well i'm planning on doing my first kit this year but it will probably be something small and let's not kid ourselves i'm really pretty lazy when it comes to sanding......... but i do have some nasty toe nails i could use them on. i say give them to rollerman above who is tackling a carden kit !!
here is a pic of my nails for all to enjoy...
IMG_0136.JPG