Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Columbus Big Birds 2016

Discussion in 'Events, Contests, Swap Meets' started by Bunky.F.Knuckle, May 17, 2016.

1. It's closing in on July, and figured that I would make up a thread about our fly in.

July 15-17. Darby Dan Airport, in Galloway, OH. Yep! You read right. Airport! Catered food all 3 days from Sugar Lumps. They usually have damn good brisket, pulled pork, beans and other fixin's.

3 whole days of flying. Lift off usually happens just after 9a on Sat/Sun and around 11a on Friday. We are gonna be doing things a little different this year. We will not be having any raffle/door prizes this year. We ask that all pilots donate a minimum of $10 for a "landing fee".

Us, as a club, do not take in any money and put it into a treasury account. It all goes to our land owner, for allowing us to fly there for the past 8 years!

This is a great fly in and if you are within a 10-12 hr drive, bring it on! We'd love to have you fly with us for a weekend.

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  2. Was just thinking about contacting you the other day about CBB lol. Gonna try to make it down this year.

3. Bring it on.

Bipeguy03 likes this.
  4. I'm still trying to make it. Right now I'm down a plane as my Edge wouldn't start.....but I hope to have fixed it by mid week.

5. toysforbigboys

toysforbigboys 70cc twin V2

The Detroit boys should be there this Saturday :)

6. After talking with AI....I'm sending in both my 3W106's for some work. 1 is precautionary as I might have a slipped hub/sheared key. The other is the Edge engine which still wouldn't start and I've been trouble shooting to no avail.